Würselen
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
www.spielerleben.de
badge
www.spielerleben.de
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey there,

can somebody explain the bonus from Greece to me?
On the B-side of Greece it says "Bonus für Goldenes Zeitalter: 1" which would translate as "Bonus for Golden Era: 1".

One of what? One more ressource when you choose the ressources from the golden Era? Or one less ressouce when you choose to buy victory points?

Sorry if this should be obvious, but I'm confused and didn't find anything in the rules forum.

Thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanasis Patsios
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aren't bonuses for Golden Age explained in the rules? I don't have the rulebook handy at the moment, but I'm sure bonuses are explained right where Golden Age cards are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hammond
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am pretty sure it is both. Either bonus resource or -1 for the VP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Wißner
Germany
Augsburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From the rules, p. 16, explanation of Golden Age cards:

"If you have a Golden Age bonus you will either get more of the resource or pay less resources for a VP, how much depends on the bonus number. Multiple bonuses are added, but a VP can not cost less than 0."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Klein
Germany
Würselen
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
www.spielerleben.de
badge
www.spielerleben.de
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, you are both absolutely right. Just checked. Thanks for enlightening me :blush blush blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Giauque
Switzerland
flag msg tools
By the way, is there any other mean to have such bonus? I went through the cards and do not remember any bonus like that on any of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Riku Koskinen
Finland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is at least one leader who increases the golden age bonus. I just can't remember which one. Did you check also the advanced and expert decks?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Giauque
Switzerland
flag msg tools
Well it was a quick overlook, but they are not so many cards which allow you this discount, so it is quite powerful for Greece to start with it in my opinion. But all the powers are great I guess.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Hammond
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nadir111 wrote:
Well it was a quick overlook, but they are not so many cards which allow you this discount, so it is quite powerful for Greece to start with it in my opinion. But all the powers are great I guess.

I tried them at BGG.con and they start with 3 less VPs so you have to get 3 golden ages (for VP) just to break even. When I had resources I usually went for cards that helped my infrastructure, when I didn't I bought them for the resource bonus. I didn't win :( (but it was close).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Quist
Sweden
Sävedalen
Other (Non U.S.)
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Do anyone know if the Greek bonus is allowed to be used more than once per round?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafael Hannula
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
The probabilistic nature of being
badge
Truthful speech, proper understanding, unselfish action
mbmbmbmbmb
andqui wrote:
Do anyone know if the Greek bonus is allowed to be used more than once per round?

It's used every time you buy a golden age (it's unlimited).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Blaiberg
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Padish wrote:
There is at least one leader who increases the golden age bonus. I just can't remember which one. Did you check also the advanced and expert decks?

Is it Florence Nightingale?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarek Szczepanik
Norway
Oslo
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can only remember a wonder that gave you golden age bonus. It was Uraniborg from Age III. And Galileo Galilei from the same age allowed you to buy a golden age card for free.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.