Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan Freels
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw this listed on coolstuffinc with an expected release date of May 2014. Has anyone else heard anything about this. It seems weird that Asmodee would release two tracks that have not been raced, let alone guaranteed to be on the F1 schedule next year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gunky Gamer
United States
Gardiner
New York
flag msg tools
badge
You and me...We're in this together now...None of them can stop us now...We will make it through somehow
mbmb
Hmm. The Russian side could be explained by this:

"It is expected that on the 100th anniversary of the last Russian Grand Prix, a new round of the Formula One World Championship will join the calendar in 2014." [Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russian_Grand_Prix]

New Jersey must be 1980s IROCs and Monte Carlos for street racing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ty Snouffer
United States
Downers Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Both NJ and Russia have been added to the 2014 F1 calendar.

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2013/9/15021.html

NJ is provisional and has reported been having problems with financing, but it is still on that list.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Freels
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
NJ was on the provisional 2013 calendar as well. Red Bull took a car there last year and put on a show. You can look up the video on youtube of them racing through the Lincoln tunnel and listen to the engine playing the star spangled banner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefan Brunell
Canada
Bromont
Quebec
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
ryan3740 wrote:
I saw this listed on coolstuffinc with an expected release date of May 2014. Has anyone else heard anything about this. It seems weird that Asmodee would release two tracks that have not been raced, let alone guaranteed to be on the F1 schedule next year.

We announce a new package (2 tracks) is coming, like someone already said, Sotchi and New-Jersey are on the F1 short list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niels Kjær
Denmark
Malling
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
New tracks are great, regardless of which ones they turn out to be thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim
United States
New Castle
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
That's great! I'm looking forward to any new tracks, even if they're not necessarily these two (Baltimore is a new surprise favorite of mine). I have a good deal of faith that whatever tracks come out will be very fun, especially after Buddh/Baltimore.

Personally I think New Jersey looks like a great circuit. Sochi I'm holding out judgement until I actually see it raced because of how weirdly it's shaped, but I do believe deep down that it's going to put out some good races. Either way, I'm excited!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Freels
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stefan B wrote:

We announce a new package (2 tracks) is coming

Has the announcement gone out yet, or is the announcement coming? That part of your sentence is unclear. Thanks for confirming new tracks. Have they been decided yet. I do not doubt that you have many tracks in design stages and will pick the most fun to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff B
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It certainly seems to me, that with South Korea, Abu Dhabi and Circuit of the Americas on the F1 calendar and not available as expansions, they should be other priorities over New Jersey and Sochi at this time.

Perhaps the fact that the Baltimore street race is already a thing of the past, a lesson should be learned concerning jumping the gun on making an expansion of a track too quickly.

And for the record, COTA is a perfect opportunity to make a Zandvroot style double track. Instead of NJ/Russia, how about Abu Dhabi is track 7, South Korea is 8 and Austin is 9 spread out over the back of 7 & 8 in one mega pack of fun.

Heck, I'd rather see Sears Point/Sonoma, St. Petersburg, Lime Rock or Barber in Birmingham before two F1 tracks that may not even happen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Evans
Wales
Rhondda
Mid Glamorgan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'm really chuffed about these two being made, we're getting two F1 tracks which is always a bonus because at least I'll get everything I paid for and no gimmick track (hopefully).

Can't find anything to complain about with this. I would like to see some of the classic tracks released, I'd even be happy if it was a new/classic track combo with each new release. But over all, really happy with this news. A great move being so bold as to release two brand spanking new tracks to boot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Kinkead
United States
East Palestine
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If the Asmodee (sp?)hierarchy reads this, I think a super track (COTA on one side and two smaller ones on the other) idea is great and I'd buy one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim
United States
New Castle
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
Spyboy1 wrote:

And for the record, COTA is a perfect opportunity to make a Zandvroot style double track. Instead of NJ/Russia, how about Abu Dhabi is track 7, South Korea is 8 and Austin is 9 spread out over the back of 7 & 8 in one mega pack of fun.

I'm absolutely in favor of another double track like Zandvoort, but I don't think it should be CotA. CotA isn't a particularly long track at only 3.427 miles, putting it just around "average" compared to the rest of the 2013 calendar. Frankly it always bothered me that Zandvoort was so big because Circuit Park Zandvoort is actually quite short. I've always just chalked it up to early developer enthusiasm.

If they were to make another double board, it should be one of the longer circuits in the world. A Circuit de la Sarthe board would be excellent as it's a 8.5 mile circuit (over double the length of most F1 tracks) and also is well known for being the home of one of the most grueling endurance races in the world (and we all know three laps on a double board is pretty grueling). There are other tracks that I'm sure would be an excellent addition as a double board, but frankly I don't believe any of the current Formula One calendar ought to be.

Don't get me wrong. I'll still buy it and play it. It'll just seem rather thematically inappropriate XD
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Kinkead
United States
East Palestine
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll go with your technical expertise on the track dimensions. In the end, though, a new double track (any track would suffice) would be awesome. Let us hope it gets released in a timely fashion!

Also, Russia/Sochi is officially on the schedule for 2014, is it not? I'd like it to be included...COTA would be good; Korea & Abu Dhabi would both be great too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Freels
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Having a two track COTA would be great! It would most likely be a left/right split track rather than a top/bottom split due to how long and narrow the shape of the track is. COTA does have a east/west split, with the west side the majority of the variety, and the better one to release first.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circuit_of_the_Americas

Whether or not COTA gets two tracks really depends on how good it will race on one or two boards. I think someone on the geek made a mock board with it all on one, and it fit fairly well. I would still prefer a two sided long board. It would be something not done previously and would have one of the longests straights in formula de/d.

As you can see, the right board is pretty bare.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Spas
United States
Rescue
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I on the other hand, am doing a HAPPY DANCE!

More new tracks? What's not to love?!?!?

Even if they don't officially become F-1 tracks, the 'could have been' factor is pretty cool.

Thanks Stefan! Keep cranking them out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Spas
United States
Rescue
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also ya'll, you have to remember that when tracks are laid out onto a board, the game folks can make some 'dramatic license' to the track size and course layout.

e.g.: Monaco in the box. Yea, it looks similar, but there are spots that have been changed to make the track more playable.
Same with Spa-Francochamp.

So for a CotA, they could add or tweak parts of the course to fit onto one or two boards with little 'dead' space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, so WHAT is the official answer on producing a COTA track? If only one US track is published, it only seems natural that COTA would be printed before New Jersey.

COTA will BE a classic circuit! It's already becoming one. Last week, I think, solidified how much that circuit is respected.

COTA next!!!!!!!!!!

Ryan's diagram above, already shows how it can be done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Evans
Wales
Rhondda
Mid Glamorgan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Great work on the diagram. It's just that it looks like all the fun decision making is on the left map. There would have to be something else on the second one.

Great idea though and please don't think this is a put down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Kinkead
United States
East Palestine
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The diagram would be perfect in the sense that you could also turn the supertrack into two separate circuits, like Zaandvort A & B. Looks great...I hope they make it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Freels
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
New Jersey is not on the 2014 calendar. Sochi, Russia is though, and the A-1 Ring in Austria is back!

Revised 2014 F1 schedule
16/03 Australia
30/03 Malaysia
06/04 Bahrain
20/04 China
11/05 Spain
25/05 Monaco
08/06 Canada
22/06 Austria
06/07 Great Britain
20/07 Germany
27/07 Hungary
24/08 Belgium
07/09 Italy
21/09 Singapore
05/10 Japan
12/10 Russia*
02/11 United States*
09/11 Brazil
23/11 Abu Dhabi*

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2013/12/15328.html

*No Formula De/D track.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Pansch
Germany
Goslar
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
2014 Formula 1 calendar with Formula Dé/D equivalence

01 AUSTRALIA (Melbourne) … Dé20 [Melbourne]
02 MALAYSIA (Kuala Lumpur) … Dé32 [Sepang]
03 BAHRAIN (Sakhir) … Dé34 [Bahrain]
04 CHINA (Shanghai) … Dé35 [Shanghai]
05 SPAIN (Catalunya) … Dé18 [Barcelona]
06 MONACO (Monte Carlo) … Dé/D (in the gamebox)
07 CANADA (Montréal) … Dé13 [Montreal]
08 AUSTRIA (Spielberg) … Dé16 [Zeltweg]
09 GREAT BRITAIN (Silverstone) … Dé12 [Silverstone]
10 GERMANY (Hockenheim) … D2[HockenheimRing]/Dé15 [Hockenheim]
11 HUNGARY (Budapest) … Dé21 [Budapest]
12 BELGIUM (Spa-Francorchamps) … Dé4 [Belgique]
13 ITALY (Monza) … Dé8 [Italia]
14 SINGAPORE (Singapore) … D3 [Singapore]
15 JAPAN (Suzuka) … Dé19 [Suzuka]
16 RUSSIA (Sochi) #
17 USA (Austin) #
18 BRAZIL (São Paulo) … Dé10 [Interlagos]
19 ABU DHABI (Yas Marina) #

# No Formula Dé/D track
Formula Dé track (out of print)
Formula D track (still available)
[] Track name on cardboard
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greece
Thessaloniki
Macedonia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Silverstone is a new track layout. Different in many aspects. Longer, different pit lane & pit straight and new S1 (now) S3 (old track)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Spas
United States
Rescue
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Anthony Pansch for the track/board correlations.
thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Sivewright
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I do hope the picture on this page isn't the final version of the expansion - http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/27705.html seen as they've spelt Sochi wrongly.

And being a new player to Formula D I'd love to get some old tracks re-released. Surely Silverstone could be justified? It's a completely different track now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Carlson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
MentalJargon wrote:
I do hope the picture on this page isn't the final version of the expansion - http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/27705.html seen as they've spelt Sochi wrongly.

And being a new player to Formula D I'd love to get some old tracks re-released. Surely Silverstone could be justified? It's a completely different track now.

Doing a quick, marginally helpful Google search, it looks like Sotchi is how at least the French spell it. I found a number of articles concerned with Sochi vs. Sotchi, but they were all non-english sites, and they might have all been French sites. Also a number of links to Olympic videos and such said "Sochi/Sotchi"... So the spellings might be interchangeable, for some reason.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.