Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lloyd Crosby
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My gaming group has started playing this with 3 and 4 people by using a 25 card deck for each person (I have Pixel tactics 1 and 2).
It works very well for us. The first player marker moves clockwise around the table and though it is longer between turn, it is not to bad with players who know the game and are not reading the cards every turn. We have found that the multiplayer games go longer and players will run out of cards to draw, and then the real damage begins, so saving cards is part of the strategy.
The one card that does not work is the order that allows you to name a card and look through your deck for it (Summoner). We have started letting players search through their decks prior to playing to aleviate that issue.

This is a great game and I enjoy this with 2, 3 or 4 people.

Has anyone else played multiplayer? Are there other cards that cause issues in multiplayer?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you each have your own full unit? How do you decide who to attack? And do "all heroes" effects hit all four units?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lloyd Crosby
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes everyone has their own full unit. Attacking player decides who they attack, and with two actions it is often two separate player's units.
We have played that references to all heroes like the Sage's order affect everyone. The Vampire can move damage to any hero in play etc.

The only card that tripped us up so far is the Summoner as noted above.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Smith
msg tools
crashcrosby wrote:
The only card that tripped us up so far is the Summoner as noted above.

I'm not quite clear what is tripping you up about Summoner. Is it just the time it takes for players to search their decks? Or they don't know the names of the cards yet?

I just played a 2 vs. 2 match for the first time last night, and it actually turned out to be much faster than 2-player, once my team realized it pays off to pick the weaker unit and focus fire on their leader.

I think there needs to be a few adapted rules to help a team compensate for a member with a more frail leader, or perhaps just a bad turn or two, since all mistakes can be punished twice as harshly.

Next time, I think I will try letting players use their clear corpse actions on their ally's unit. Also, I think it would help if you can use restructure to send a hero to your ally's unit (giving them control of it as well). This should help the players actually work together and smooth out weaknesses one might have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lloyd Crosby
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for your post Keith. I had not thought about doing 2 vs 2. I like your sharing idea as almost a 2 headed giant type scenario. I would limit your leader's power to your unit, but allow for you to restructure to an empty spot in your ally's unit, as well as allowing the effect on cards to apply to your ally when they refer to "your" unit.

As for the summoner, the only reason it was an issue is because we break up the decks randomly for each person so you don't know which 25 cards you are going to get. This means using the summoner power to go get your favotie cards (Sniper or Operative) doesn't work, unless you know the deck already. A relatively minor items that does not detract from how fun the game is with 2, 3 or 4 people.

Thanks,
Lloyd

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
viny sauer
United States
New York
flag msg tools
do a cube draft of your PT1 and PT2 cards. its fun and will fix your summoner problem real easily.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
viny sauer
United States
New York
flag msg tools
just make sure to ignore it if someone trys to create a (pointless) endless loop when they have a mascot leader and a mascot hero.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.