Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony Llama
United States
Milligan College
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
At a recent convention I was told that there was an expansion that changed Talisman into a co-op adventure. This would greatly appeal to our gaming group. However, when I read over the expansions, I didn't see any such feature advertised. If I could find it I would know the perfect Christmas present for my friend.

I humbly ask for the expertise of the Talisman community to aid me in discovering the truth behind this legendary expansion? Does it exist? Have I been mislead?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Moore
United States
Oxford
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Gotcha!
mbmbmbmbmb
There is an alternate ending in one of the small box expansions (the last one?) that changes it to a coop.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
PC ichigo
Thailand
Bangbuathong
Nonthaburi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rcmoore4 wrote:
There is an alternate ending in one of the small box expansions (the last one?) that changes it to a coop.

Yes, you are right. : )

Talisman (fourth edition): The Blood Moon Expansion

It had one alternative ending called "Lightbearers", as pictured below.

http://boardgamegeek.com/image/1321740/talisman-fourth-editi...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicolas Aubert
France
TOULON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, there's still only 1 winner but if the players wait too long they'll all loose
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Llama
United States
Milligan College
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
X-mas is saved until the Santa Lich Expansion comes out.
pcichigo wrote:
rcmoore4 wrote:

Yes, you are right. : )

Talisman (fourth edition): The Blood Moon Expansion

It had one alternative ending called "Lightbearers", as pictured below.

http://boardgamegeek.com/image/1321740/talisman-fourth-editi...

Thank you! This'll really help the game appeal to our group! Christmas is saved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Hockin
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Test
We've played it this way and it is actually really disappointing as a co-op. In the end it is more like "solitary" in that one person really "wins" it for everyone. Rarely do the players who don't make it to the middle really contribute much to the victory.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabriel Conroy
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A proper co-op expansion to Talisman (or Relic) would be great. Until then, I think your best bet for that kind of experience is to play the Pathfinder Adventure Card Game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Llama
United States
Milligan College
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
espoon82 wrote:
We've played it this way and it is actually really disappointing as a co-op. In the end it is more like "solitary" in that one person really "wins" it for everyone. Rarely do the players who don't make it to the middle really contribute much to the victory.

Awwwww, dang it. *ponders* hmmmm...anyone else have similar or different experiences?

achates wrote:
A proper co-op expansion to Talisman (or Relic) would be great. Until then, I think your best bet for that kind of experience is to play the Pathfinder Adventure Card Game.

Thanks for the advice, but unfortunately we don't own the PACG. We're all on a pretty small gift budget, sadly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.