Warhammer: Diskwars» Forums » General

Subject: On the boat!! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jake Fernandez
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. This is way ahead of sked! It says that it's arriving in December. Wasn't this orginally slated for Q1 2014??? It's even gonna come out ahead of Battlelore! ^_^
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maad McCarthy
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the update. It was still listed as Q1 2014 yesterday.

Dam, now I have to get off the fence.

Who am I kidding I was gona get this anyway. Time to go put in my Pre-order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Seachrist
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dyeyk2000 wrote:
Wow. This is way ahead of sked! It says that it's arriving in December. Wasn't this orginally slated for Q1 2014??? It's even gonna come out ahead of Battlelore! ^_^

Dangit...I suspect I'll need to rob a bank soon. ninja Between cardboard games and electronic ones, plus hopefully a tablet upgrade, I'm going to go broke.

And yet, this is clearly a First World problem.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Stone
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
Stone is the name and Art is my game!
badge
What number are we thinking of? 69!
mbmbmbmbmb
ordered!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Major Havok
United States
Niles
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Does FFG typically make the rulebook available for a game in advance of it's availability? What is the usual timeframe?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Dallas
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Generally they will put the full rulebook up a week or two before release.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Dove
United States
Las Animas
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought they only recently pushed this back? Is it normal to push it back and then release it early?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Kartzinel
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure if it's normal, but I think it's smart, I mean, after all, this way we're all excited about it coming early not disappointed about it being delayed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Johnstone
Canada
Villa Straylight, Freeside
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I personally cannot wait this game!

Thanks for sharing the news.

I've got this pre-ordered through Starlit Citadel.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron s
msg tools
Lets hope this means they're doing their best to push for a holiday release.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gamer 257
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
Just curious about you guys that pre-ordered; was it one copy or two???
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Major Havok
United States
Niles
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Gamer257 wrote:

I have no experience with the original Diskwars.

Just for my own ignorance and curiosity, does anyone know if this game will allow any leveraging units from multiple boxes? Do you build your army based on a point total with a set of restrictions about unit makeup?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Dallas
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
matthewabair wrote:
Do you build your army based on a point total with a set of restrictions about unit makeup?

yes. Hero units give points to build army. Only restrictions I recall from gencon demo is that you cant have more large size units than small units.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gamer 257
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
Anyone have any idea what the hero/unit ratio is? That is, if I buy a 2nd core set, how many extra(useless) hero disks am I going to have?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Johnstone
Canada
Villa Straylight, Freeside
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gamer257 wrote:

I've ordered 1 copy for now

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris McDonald
United States
Louisville
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gamer257 wrote:
Anyone have any idea what the hero/unit ratio is? That is, if I buy a 2nd core set, how many extra(useless) hero disks am I going to have?

Based on previews, my guess is 3 heroes per faction. We've definitely seen 3 elf and 3 empire heroes. That would mean 12 useless duplicate disks.

In further guessing, we've seen 6 different Empire units, and I'm guessing that's all of them, and the numbers will be something like 2 Knights Panther, 2 Pistoliers, 3 Crossbowmen, 3 Swordsmen, 1 Hellblaster, 1 Steam Tank. With 3 heroes that would make 15 Empire disks, which fits with the 60ish disks promised in the whole set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Verro Diabolico
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cfmcdonald wrote:

In further guessing, we've seen 6 different Empire units, and I'm guessing that's all of them, and the numbers will be something like 2 Knights Panther, 2 Pistoliers, 3 Crossbowmen, 3 Swordsmen, 1 Hellblaster, 1 Steam Tank. With 3 heroes that would make 15 Empire disks, which fits with the 60ish disks promised in the whole set.

Empire also has the bright wizard (don't know how many). Since the description says "more than 60 disks" I presume every army has a caster (brigh wizard, high mage, shaman and one for chaos still not shown) and a character (like the big boss for the orcs), so probably the ratio could be 2 scouting cavalries, 2 impact cavalries, 3 missile infantries, 3 melee infantries, 1 caster, 1 character, 1 war machine/monster/demon, 1 elite war machine/monster/demon plus 3 heroes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris McDonald
United States
Louisville
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Verro Diabolico wrote:
cfmcdonald wrote:

Empire also has the bright wizard (don't know how many). I presume every army has a caster (brigh wizard, high mage, shaman and one for chaos still not shown) and a character (like the big boss for the orcs), so probably the ratio could be 2 scouting cavalries, 2 impact cavalries, 2 missile infantries, 2 melee infantries, 1 caster, 1 character, 1 war machine/monster/demon, 1 elite war machine/monster/demon plus 3 heroes.

Hm, yes, missed that one. At any rate, given the low number of units of each type it seems like 2 sets will be needed if you want to really explore army building.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Verro Diabolico
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cfmcdonald wrote:

Hm, yes, missed that one. At any rate, given the low number of units of each type it seems like 2 sets will be needed if you want to really explore army building.
Have edited my previous message since the description says "more than 60 disks", so I think you are right when say that the infantries should be 6 disks.
I presume that "booster packs" will be released soon in order to differentiate and explore the army building without buy more than 1 set (with too many useless disks... all the heroes and the elite disk).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris McDonald
United States
Louisville
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Verro Diabolico wrote:
cfmcdonald wrote:

Empire also has the bright wizard (don't know how many). Since the description says "more than 60 disks" I presume every army has a caster (brigh wizard, high mage, shaman and one for chaos still not shown) and a character (like the big boss for the orcs), so probably the ratio could be 2 scouting cavalries, 2 impact cavalries, 3 missile infantries, 3 melee infantries, 1 caster, 1 character, 1 war machine/monster/demon, 1 elite war machine/monster/demon plus 3 heroes.

Also we can tell from the elves that it won't be quite that symmetrical - they have a couple different ranged infantry (militia and maidens) and a couple different melee infantry (spearmen and swordmasters). I wouldn't be surprised if they have no cavalry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Verro Diabolico
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cfmcdonald wrote:

Also we can tell from the elves that it won't be quite that symmetrical - they have a couple different ranged infantry (militia and maidens) and a couple different melee infantry (spearmen and swordmasters). I wouldn't be surprised if they have no cavalry.
Yes, is not that symmetrical, probably elves have 2 disks for each melee infantry and 2 disks for each ranged infantry, and only 1 cavalry (I've seen the Ellyrion Reavers).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Dove
United States
Las Animas
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is getting really close to being available for Christmas. I wonder...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.