Subject: Latest Tanga free shipping episode - until 2p PST 10/12 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Halaska
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools

Just in case anyone still buys games from Tanga...free shipping is back on for a few hours.

https://www.tanga.com/deals/kids-toys-games?page=1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny Lawless
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
Four crazy kids and happy as a clam!
badge
My name is Glenn! Long have I carried Cyrus's hopes and dreams, and now I bear the Masamune as well! Henceforth, I claim them as my own! I shall slay the Fiendlord Magus and restore our honor!
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the part where I struggle with getting Bombay at 9.99 or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Silver Bowen
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Woo! Gonna get some
badge
44, that's me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Let me help...

Not.

You're welcome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Level 3 Tunt
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
jonnylawless wrote:
Here's the part where I struggle with getting Bombay at 9.99 or not.

Let me help...

Get it.

It has elephants that hold the cubes! You can't go wrong! Not sure what kind of games you like, but this has become a standby for kids and adults alike in our house.

Edit - To get free shipping you have to enter the usual FREESHIP coupon code. I still recommend The Swarm, Bombay, and especially Gonzaga

https://www.tanga.com/deals/d6dac7c82c/the-swarm-the-board-g...
https://www.tanga.com/deals/2b8c637dd01/bombay-the-board-gam...
https://www.tanga.com/deals/a2e61dca25/gonzaga-the-board-gam...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's still the same selection of games that they had... 13 months ago?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Baldassar
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder if they take some stuff off the site, I was just looking at some magnetic putty kind of stuff really cheap. I’ve been waiting for the free ship and now it’s all of a sudden gone.
I’s calling shenanigans, something’s amidst.

Thunkd wrote:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Reigns
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thunkd wrote:

My thoughts exactly. There's never anything different.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PhoenixPez wrote:
Thunkd wrote:

My thoughts exactly. There's never anything different.

To be fair, if I was stuck with a bunch of games that wouldn't sell, I'd be hesitant to take any more of them too. The fact that they can't clear these out even at super low prices during their free shipping windows is a pretty bad sign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Level 3 Tunt
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Thunkd wrote:

To be fair, if I was stuck with a bunch of games that wouldn't sell, I'd be hesitant to take any more of them too. The fact that they can't clear these out even at super low prices during their free shipping windows is a pretty bad sign.

I think it was discussed in the last Tanga free shipping thread, but Tanga has announced that they're out of the board game business. Anything left is just them clearing out stock and as far I understand it you shouldn't be expecting anything new.

There are still plenty of people who don't have one of the few games they have left though, so these posts are helpful. Also helpful in getting me to finally spend $7 on Age of Gods because I feel like buying something and it's cheap.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny Lawless
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
Four crazy kids and happy as a clam!
badge
My name is Glenn! Long have I carried Cyrus's hopes and dreams, and now I bear the Masamune as well! Henceforth, I claim them as my own! I shall slay the Fiendlord Magus and restore our honor!
mbmbmbmbmb
Rococo_Zephyr wrote:
Thunkd wrote:

I think it was discussed in the last Tanga free shipping thread, but Tanga has announced that they're out of the board game business. Anything left is just them clearing out stock and as far I understand it you shouldn't be expecting anything new.

There are still plenty of people who don't have one of the few games they have left though, so these posts are helpful. Also helpful in getting me to finally spend $7 on Age of Gods because I feel like buying something and it's cheap.

I think you're remembering the announcement about the discontinuation of the daily tanga puzzles and other things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Level 3 Tunt
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
jonnylawless wrote:

I think you're remembering the announcement about the discontinuation of the daily tanga puzzles and other things.

Might be. If that wasn't it, I'm pretty sure I saw an announcement about them dropping board games from their selection elsewhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Sturk
United States
Hudson
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rococo_Zephyr wrote:
[q="Thunkd"]

Awesome.

Now what am I going to do w/ the 6 or so Gift Certificates I have for them. I have everything from there I could want. I smell a GeekGold auction entry in my future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks for the heads up. Got wicked witches way, lots of newbie females in our game group. think they'll enjoy it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
Canada
Prince George
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Wise men say, forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm actually considering getting the dress socks...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Duncan
United States
Bloomington
IN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"females." what are you, a ferengi?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thunkd wrote:

Actually, 13 months ago they also had Dominion, Duel in the Dark, Fortune and Glory, Hornet, Power Struggle, War of the Ring...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I will mention that Campaign Manager 2008 is the only game they have left that's ranked in the BGG top 1000. At $8.99 shipped, that's not a bad price.

And if you're unsure, there's still an hour to try it out on yucata.de
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D. Watson
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I bought Cleopatra's Caboose for $10.14 total and have no desire to buy anything left out of their boardgames.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Morcerf
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Yvette
badge
Colleen Camp
mbmbmbmbmb
Is free shipping no longer active?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DeMorcerf wrote:

Be sure to put in the FREESHIP coupon code.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Reigns
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DeMorcerf wrote:

Use Coupon Code "Freeship" I used it a minute ago. Finally caved on Campaign Manager

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Morcerf
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Yvette
badge
Colleen Camp
mbmbmbmbmb
PhoenixPez wrote:
DeMorcerf wrote:

Use Coupon Code "Freeship" I used it a minute ago. Finally caved on Campaign Manager

Hmm, I'm so tempted to get it for under $10, but do I really need it if it's on Yucata...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom McVey
United States
SF Bay Area
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Quote:
I think it was discussed in the last Tanga free shipping thread, but Tanga has announced that they're out of the board game business.

Hmmm. Is this possibly 'cos of the move of more and more boardgames to Kickstarter, so game companies don't have as much surplus inventory for Tanga to liquidate? Tanga was great in 2008-2010, but has sucked for two years now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rococo_Zephyr wrote:
jonnylawless wrote:

Might be. If that wasn't it, I'm pretty sure I saw an announcement about them dropping board games from their selection elsewhere.

Nope. The exact message was posted in another recent thread word for word and the person doing the cut/paste interpreted it to be them dropping all board games from their catalog, but the actual announcement did not say that at all.

It was indeed about the end of their online games section specifically, it did discuss how games (including board games) are less central to their brand than they once were, but said nothing about them being dropped from their catalog altogether.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Raciborski
United States
Newport News
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tmcvey wrote:
Quote:
I think it was discussed in the last Tanga free shipping thread, but Tanga has announced that they're out of the board game business.

Hmmm. Is this possibly 'cos of the move of more and more boardgames to Kickstarter, so game companies don't have as much surplus inventory for Tanga to liquidate? Tanga was great in 2008-2010, but has sucked for two years now.

I complained about this once on Tanga, was pointed to a blog, Tanga used to get the normal overstocks, warehouse cleaning purge for new stock, from companies, then the economy went bad, a lot of sources dried up, bankrupted, the rest tightened their belts didn't overstock. Anyone remember the long debate on that guy, think it was Michigan, who was dumping games himself on Craigslist? A chain store going belly up? I picked up over a $100 worth of stuff at a fraction of retail with one bulk ship. I know a well known game shop that purchased a couple of thousand dollars of stuff to resell.

Tanga has said its focus has changed, boardgames are not their forte, they really do not fit the site much anymore, seems to me it is now a tourist gift shop.

To me the start of the decline started in late 2008, they got a few good games after, Village, Belfort, I think Dominant Species was offered, but it wasn't anything like the Ticket to Ride days when night after night good things popped up. Remember when they allowed comment posting on the board games offered? All about the same golden era.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.