Subject: great game with 4 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
david bodtcher
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
Played a good game of bohnaparte with 4 of us (my wife and I and my wife's friend & husband). It was fun! My wife's friend is the type that doesn't strategize, just picks a bean she has the most of in her hand, and goes for that one, untill she gets them all, or is forced to plant a different bean in it's place. So she didn't get to attack much.

My wife's friend's husband, on the other hand, is very competitive and will not trade or donate beans if he feels it will benefit you too much, even when it will hurt himself. It is funny, 'cause that's when his wife gets angry at him and he has to juggle winning the game, with pleasing his wife. (I convinced my wife and her friend in a previous Bohnanza game to boycott his trading, due to his dastardly trading strategies. however, I think this got him pretty upset, and since I don't want to loose potential gamers and friends, I haven't done this since).

So when we finally got down to attacking the card areas, my wife first had the most gold and so did my friend. However, I kept feeding him good cards, so we had an unspoken alliance and he did not attack me. My wife came after me like a viking blitzkrieg with no mercy. However, I was able to defend myself pretty well and the counter attack against her was a success, however, it became dog house night for me.

So for the rest of the game, I attacked my wife and my friend attacked his wife and we had taken over most of the board. Except my wife had been hanging in there pretty well. Then I noticed my friend was as large as russia with plenty of funding (his wife only held 1 space). And since I had trapped my wife in a corner, I told her I would let her take one of my spaces so she could start attacking my friend. This of course, was treason against our unspoken alliance and I also begun the attack on my friend. Due to his overwhelming presence, he welcomed the coming battles. They were tough and I spent all my money attacking trying to get the most vicory points before the game ended (we only had a few rounds left). However, I had 2 enemies (my wife didn't forgive me yet), and I was running out of high cards to defend with. In the end, it wasn't enough and I lost 2 more territories by the end of the game. My friend won by 1 or 2 victory points and my wife and I tied just before she was going to attack me. Whew! Al in all, a fun session and I'm looking forward to playing again tonight!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.