Lucas Hedgren
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With Ferocious (Subtract 1 from every weapons or defenses roll.) can my roll go to 0? Or is 1 the lowest roll?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think there's anything in the rules saying your roll result can't ever be lower than 1, is there?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Vandeweyer
Belgium
Haaltert
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Loophole Master wrote:
I don't think there's anything in the rules saying your roll result can't ever be lower than 1, is there?

True, but it's an interesting question nevertheless. And in the rules it's also stated that the cards overrule the basic rules.

I guess it's up to Eric to make a decision here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd personally allow a 0 roll.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
flag msg tools
Hello.
When we play and we are in the case you describe we are allowed a Zero too and just the number of the dice definated the power of the ship. So when you attack with Battle Station(1) and roll a 1 and have Ferocious you are unbeatable this time ^^. In our games mostly the defender don't roll because he can't undercut the attackers power.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Zimmerman
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
designer
Thanks everyone for the good question and great discussion.

The answer is that a roll *can* go to zero or below. The -1 modifier is to the combat number (not the die faces). So yes - that means it is possible to make a roll which a defender can never beat.

No one likes to face down a Ferocious Battlestation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.