Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Resner
United States
austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking at pictures of the award kit on ebay it looks like most of the cards, etc. are the same as the starter kit.

Can someone point out what's different please?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Kelly
United States
Florence
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The captain, upgrades, and the ship's special ability are all different from the Starter Khazara

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Albright
msg tools
the only cards that are the same are the generic ship card and the movement card

the upgrades are all new as is the captain

and the ship has a different special ability and a different organization of upgrade slots

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skyguard
msg tools
mbmb
The only card that's the same is the movement card. And arguably the 1 skill captain (new picture, but is no different then any 1 skill captain).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skyguard
msg tools
mbmb
bigrayalbright wrote:
the only cards that are the same are the generic ship card and the movement card

The Generic ship card is different it has 1 tech 2 weapon and 1 crew. The starter has 1 tech, 1 weapon, 2 crew.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Resner
United States
austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm..

Can someone point me to a detailed list/picture of an authentic OP Month 3 kit.

The couple I looked at on eBay have cards that are exactly the same as in my started kit pictured.

I wonder if they are trying some sort of underhanded switch-a-roo...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Landy
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rochambeaux wrote:
Hmmm..

The couple I looked at on eBay have cards that are exactly the same as in my started kit pictured.

There's only one that I see on Ebay that shows the cards (item 291015315897) and it's not the starter contents.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Resner
United States
austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
H00D4M4N wrote:
Rochambeaux wrote:
Hmmm..

There's only one that I see on Ebay that shows the cards (item 291015315897) and it's not the starter contents.

Thanks!

Guess now I just need to find people to play with before I decide to invest in pricey ship purchases from eBay

Ben to 4 designated ST:AW open play times at 2 different stores since I bought the game and no has shown up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Kelly
United States
Florence
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There have been threads on here where people posted camera pics of the cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon NyD

Denver
Colorado
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rochambeaux wrote:
Guess now I just need to find people to play with before I decide to invest in pricey ship purchases from eBay

Ben to 4 designated ST:AW open play times at 2 different stores since I bought the game and no has shown up.

I'm having the same difficulty with an "open play" type of event. It would seem that if its not an OP event, people aren't interested. I've even tried upwards of a $20 prize (new ship, etc) for 1st for mission type events, and nobody bothers to show!

You can always proxy the cards if you're just playing friendly games. The only new card I can see that's all that useful is the romulan pilot, honestly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skyguard
msg tools
mbmb
jonnyd76 wrote:
Rochambeaux wrote:

I'm having the same difficulty with an "open play" type of event. It would seem that if its not an OP event, people aren't interested. I've even tried upwards of a $20 prize (new ship, etc) for 1st for mission type events, and nobody bothers to show!

You can always proxy the cards if you're just playing friendly games. The only new card I can see that's all that useful is the romulan pilot, honestly.

I would show up for a open play night, hmmm you seem to be a ~30 hour drive from me that may be a little far .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sodoff Baldrick
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The weapons array is also nice for ships like praetus and reliant. 4 shots at range 1-2 and does NOT require a taget lock. It is also better than the dominion one because IIRC the FAQ says you cannot fire it if there is not 2 enemyships in your forward arc.

Honestly I think all of those cards will see some use in my romulan fleet from time to time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will

Pensacola
Florida
msg tools
The Babylon Project was our last best hope for peace. It failed. In the year of the Shadow War, it became something greater, our last best hope for victory.
mbmbmbmbmb
The named ship will probably have many Romulan players contemplating friendly fire.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Grimes
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
That new captain is honestly amazing. One less evade you potentially need to roll? Getting rid of that crit, again potentially? That's one less chance of them blowing you up, those crit cards are nasty.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.