Virgin Queen» Forums » Rules

Subject: Dry Dock in the action phase rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Federico Cesca
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
In our game, Spain got the Dry Dock scientific bonus during the action phase by playing the "science bonus" treasure. Spain lost some naval units earlier in the turn. Are they immediately returned to the force pool, or does the bonus only apply to later losses?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Maginity
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would think the bonus would only apply to later losses (including any during the remainder of the turn) since you've already put the previously lost naval units on the Turn Track.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kiefte
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mmaginity2 wrote:
I would think the bonus would only apply to later losses (including any during the remainder of the turn) since you've already put the previously lost naval units on the Turn Track.

However, 17.3 says:

Quote:
If a power has earned the Dry Dock science bonus, he may immediately rebuild lost naval units of his major power.

Why does it say "immediately" then?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MLeis
Estonia
Tallinn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Meaning "immediately after they are lost" is how I've understood it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Maginity
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mkiefte wrote:
mmaginity2 wrote:

However, 17.3 says:

Quote:
If a power has earned the Dry Dock science bonus, he may immediately rebuild lost naval units of his major power.

Why does it say "immediately" then?

Note that this is followed with
Quote:
Those units immediately return to the power’s force pool when eliminated.
i.e. the "immediately" applies immediately after elimination.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.