Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave Phillips
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire,
flag msg tools
mb
If a creature is in a room with a survivor and then another group of survivors act, at the end of the turn of this second group does the creature move towards them (even though in a room with another survivor group) or does it attack the first group of survivors (in it's room again)? Hope this makes sense?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Heineman
United States
LaCrosse
WI
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
daveyleedsUK wrote:
If a creature is in a room with a survivor and then another group of survivors act, at the end of the turn of this second group does the creature move towards them (even though in a room with another survivor group) or does it attack the first group of survivors (in it's room again)? Hope this makes sense?

I believe that both zombies and creatures will NOT leave a room with a survivor. Otherwise, yes, the creature would move toward the active tile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ausloos
Belgium
Ranst
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Zombies and creatures never move out of a room with survivors.
Once they have a victim to attack, they stay put.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lieven De Puysseleir
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
trust me, I'm a dentist
badge
we don't lie, we use statistics
mbmbmbmbmb
This also means that when they're triggered by the second group, they will just stay put AND attack they players with whom they are in the room at that moment. (again)
So watch your positioning as a group and not only as a team. It may cost ya.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Phillips
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire,
flag msg tools
mb
Oh I didn't think zombies attacked the first group again if triggered by the second group? Just thought they attacked active group as relevant??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Phillips
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire,
flag msg tools
mb
Also wudn't that mean a creature in a room with first group of survivors would get two or even multiple attacks (when triggered by second or third groups and creatures always trigger)?? That seems extreme. Bit confused now!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lieven De Puysseleir
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
trust me, I'm a dentist
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hmm... you make me doubt my words ...

I understood from the rules that the activated enemies, no matter by which group they were triggered, would always move first (if they can, if they're not facing survivors as in your example) and then always attack if possible.
Even if that means attacking another group which might indeed lead to a specific group being pummelled like crazy if they happen to be in the path of several triggered zombies.
That's why choosing wisely where to end your movements is very important.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ausloos
Belgium
Ranst
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Basically, zombies inside the trigger zone of the active group are triggered. they will attack and move WITHIN this trigger zone.
If they are currently in a room with another group, they will attack this group as creatures will not move from a room with victims.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Phillips
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire,
flag msg tools
mb
ausloosd wrote:
Basically, zombies inside the trigger zone of the active group are triggered. they will attack and move WITHIN this trigger zone.
If they are currently in a room with another group, they will attack this group as creatures will not move from a room with victims.

Ok, but does that mean the creature attacks too this unfortunate group as a creature always triggers? Might need to house rule this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lieven De Puysseleir
Belgium
Leuven
flag msg tools
trust me, I'm a dentist
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yes it does, there's also another topic on the subject but I can't find it back right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.