Popular Tags: [View All]
Caleb
United States
Seminole
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/11/12/eurazeo-asmodee-id...

Quote:
Nov 12 (Reuters) - French financial holding company Eurazeo said on Tuesday it was in exclusive talks to buy board game maker Asmodee in a deal that gives the company an enterprise value of 143 million euros ($192 million).

In a statement, Eurazeo said it would invest around 102 million euros in the French company, which distributes card games and board games including Time's Up and Jungle Speed, while Asmodee's managers and founders would reinvest about 13 million euros.

The transaction is still subject to consultation with staff representatives and regulatory approval, Eurazeo said.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grand Prince Poutine Lord High Thrifter
Canada
Vancouver
flag msg tools
badge
Please support the International Diplomacy Repository -- where your donations of Diplomacy games are always happily accepted!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not particularly familiar with Eurazeo, but I can't imagine that a financial holding company buying a game company is good news for the gaming community. soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David C
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Asmodee has been my favorite publisher as far as getting it right when it comes to reprints, new games, and making some original titles. I hope that doesn't change.

My favorite thing is that they don't do the "Screw it, lets liquidate everything for $5 and subsequently let it sit at ridiculous prices on ebay for several years afterwards before we finally decide to reprint something gamers have been clamoring for." Everything they do that I've been interested in has always been out of print for at most 4 months and they're usually excellent about saying, "yeah, more are scheduled".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caleb
United States
Seminole
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Juxtatype wrote:
I'm not particularly familiar with Eurazeo, but I can't imagine that a financial holding company buying a game company is good news for the gaming community. soblue

I suppose it typically points to underlying problems with the company being bought out. But there are success stories with this model of course (or else it wouldn't exist), so maybe we'll get lucky

I don't think I own any Asmodee titles, so this isn't something I'm personally too invested in, but I figured people would want to know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris phillips
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I bought a recent game where there were errors not just mine but others too. Was told to email the company and my response was in January should have replacement cards. Hoping this news doesn't affect anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.