Subject: Help for BGG Christmas list rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Darkenmoon *
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have joined the Secret Santa for BGG. I am wanting to make sure I have games on it I'll ultimately enjoy.

I'm learning that I don't enjoy a high level of random. A little is fine. If there is a lot of dice rolling, then I probably won't like it. But if there is some mitigation of the random, it helps. I like tactical aspects rather than strategy where you have almost every turn planned from the beginning. But in something like Dominare, I don't mind at all planning several turns ahead or carefully planning my strategy during the drafting phase. I enjoy having more than one path to victory.

Some Euros I already know I enjoy are Power Grid, Dominare, and Ristorante Italia.

Agricola felt to me like I was always in a time crunch with too much to do and not enough turns to do it. And again, it felt like I had to plan from turn 1 every move I would make the whole game. I don't hate it, but it also doesn't cause me to salivate for more of that kind of game. From the reviews I saw, Caverna looked to solve some of those problems.

I've already looked into Spyrium and have placed that onto my family wish list... as well as Suburbia. I play Ascension on the iPad and really enjoy it.

What are some other games that I might enjoy?

Thank you so much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MP Szakos
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Help for BBG Christmas list
For starters, how about The Castles of Burgundy, Glass Road, Snowdonia, Firenze, and Macao?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Mantha
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
Hemlock
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently played a game that was pretty good. You should check out some reviews and if you think it looks cool, then I recommend definitely putting it on your list.

Coal Baron http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/143515/coal-baron

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.