Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Harker
United Kingdom
Glasgow
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The Phoenix Games club is moving into new premises. Previously we were busting at the seams in the Polish Club on Glenfarg St, but a switch to Partick Burgh Hall* means we have space and can therefore look to recruit.

Our games nights are 1830-2230 on Tuesdays.

Lots of wargamers but also some catholic+ boardgamers. We run Wappinshaw if you've been to that annual games show.

Fees for six months would be £50/10, but we'd have no expectation that you'd pay until trying out a few nights. This venue isn't licensed, but there are an enormous number of local shops and hostelries for refreshment.

If you are tempted, let me know and I can send further details or answer queries.

Michael.

* That still to be confirmed, but no difficulties anticipated.
+ In taste, not religion
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Harker
United Kingdom
Glasgow
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The Phoenix Games Club is now confirmed for next week onwards. Our new venue has a lot more space and we are therefore able to recruit again.

To re-cap: From Tuesday the 19th of November, there will be a games club from 1830 at Partick Burgh Hall in Glasgow. No expectation that you'd pay any membership fees until you'd tried a few sessions.

Wargames and boardgames will be present. Club members do take part in RPG games, but there is no currently established group for Tuesday. Wargames are mostly historical but there are SF/Fantasy gamers present.

If you'd like to come as an individual or small group then please feel free to do so. If you are feeling a bit shy or unsure, please feel free to get in touch.

M.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Vicca
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Good to know youre still going. I spent a year working in Glasgow in the mid nineties snd this kept me (sort of) sane.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael R
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This sounds good. Are there particular games that tend to get played?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Harker
United Kingdom
Glasgow
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Michael,

Boardgames wise the most popular are C&C Nap - with me being a ringleader. Sword of Rome is a regular, as is Condottiere as a filler. Columbia blockgames as well.

As I say, most games are toy soldier games using a variety of rulesets - but I assumed you meant boardgames?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael R
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Board wargaming was exactly what I was hoping for. It is one type of game I've always struggled to find people as keen to play them as me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.