Floyd Sherrod
United States
Sharpsburg
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are reading this and don't know what SWAG is, check HERE

All,

Another anniversary is upon us! December will mark SWAG's 4th year of gaming goodness. As is our tradition, we will amp things up a bit, so this is your fair warning to be thinking ahead to December Game Day.

I will maintain my tradition of bringing the Annibirthsary cake. I will choose both cake and frosting, but can be influenced rather easily. As for the rest...I encourage you folks to surpass yourselves and bring something tantalizing, yet edible for the whole group. (The Smiths get a pass since they ALWAYS go above and beyond)

We will once again conduct a drawing for a nifty eurogame, but be on the lookout for:

CRAPPY SANTA!

In the spirit of giving and good-natured fun, I will once again scour my shelves and don my Santa hat to dole out some stuff I don't want, and you probably don't want either. Here is how it will work:

1. Participants will draw for random order.
2. I will have randomly determined an order for the items.
3. Participant #1 will get gift #1 from the bag, trunk, box.
4. Subsequent participants may "steal" a previously chosen gift, or choose the next "mystery gift" subject to rule #6.
5. If your gift is stolen, you may steal a previously chosen gift other than the one that was stolen from you, or you may take the next mystery gift. (Subject to rule #6)
6. No participant may possess the same gift more than once in a round.
7. We go until the gifts are gone!

Participation is entirely voluntary and no contribution is necessary to participate although several folks did last year. If you would like to add to my pile of stuff for the giving, donations are welcome and will be added to the mix.

Contributions need not be gaming related, may be wrapped or unwrapped, and re-gifting is encouraged*. But please let's keep things under $15 max value, and more typically under $10. While nothing I have on offer is really mean or evil, there might even be a thing or two you would rather pay me to keep (I'm counting on that! bwah-ha ha!...I mean, ho-ho-ho.) I will take your contributions at Game Day in December.

On the off chance we have more who want to participate than I have stuff to dole out, I will defer to those who did contribute and then SWAGees in seniority. I don't really expect this to be a problem, but we do typically have a lot more folks come out for our December Game Day that don't attend nearly as much or at all throughout the year.

Comments and questions are welcome. If you participated in previous years, please share your experience for the benefit of the uninitiated. I thought it was a hoot and lots of laughs were had by all.

See ya all on Game Day!

Floyd

*Disclaimer: Participants may not regift stuff from previous SWAG Crappy Santa events.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.