Popular Tags: [View All]
J. Mowery
United States
Hermitage
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

I want to share a pretty awesome story with you folks...

My life has been pretty chaotic in the past couple of months. I’ve been dealing with a pretty heavy, rough patch. It has gotten me pretty down at times. However, I have two fantastic friends who I game with regularly:

Chase Williams
United States
Spring Hill
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

and

A.J. Porfirio
United States
Thompsons Station
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
What Van Ryder Game are YOU playing?
mbmbmbmbmb

Unbeknown to me at the time, Chase and AJ decided that they wanted to do something to cheer me up. They know that I am a big fan of the games designed by Christian Marcussen.

Christian Marcussen
Denmark
Odense C
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

Clash of Cultures and Merchants & Marauders are my two favorite games of all-time.

Through BGG, my friends contacted Christian in hopes that they could get some sort of shout-out to me, maybe an autograph or something. Christian really surprised my friends with his incredibly kind, thoughtful and creative response. Here are a few snippets from the letter that was sent to me from Christian along with a very special gift:

“Hi Jason.

I hear you are going through some tough times. You have some great friends who are concerned about you and are looking for ways to cheer you up and keep your mind off things. They asked me what I could come with, and I think I have something.

I have here 4 of the 14 civilizations included in the upcoming
Clash of Cultures: Civilizations expansion...

...You are the first one outside of the play test group to see it...

...Below are the rules you need as well as the 4 civs you can print and use.

Have fun and stay happy the best you can.

All the best,
Christian"

Can you believe that? What an amazing gesture. Chase and AJ presented all of this to me during one of our regular game nights a week or so ago. The materials that Christian sent had been cut and freshly laminated by my pals ...ready to play!

For those of you who are also fans of Clash of Cultures, this upcoming expansion is going to be fantastic. The mechanism Christian came up with for adding the civilizations’ special abilities into the game is so clever and simple. The special abilities themselves are quite creative, thematic and unique. You folks are gonna love it!

To conclude, I want to thank Christian for taking the time to make such a considerate and selfless gesture towards a total stranger. I am really honored that you shared part of a brand new, unreleased design with me. It more than cheered me up. I hope to meet you someday and shake your hand. Sincerely, thank you.

To my pals Chase and AJ, I couldn’t ask for two people who are more fun to game with (even if I do lose quite frequently), but far beyond that, thanks for being such high-quality people. I’m very lucky to have such thoughtful friends. I absolutely love playing games, and it’s so important to me to be playing with people who I really respect and enjoy. You guys are the best! Thank you.

Cheers!
Jason

J. Mowery
United States
Hermitage
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.