Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel B
Sweden
Kungsbacka
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm super excited about completing my collection of Metal Shogi.

I have previously had help with translating some cards in this thread. I need help with a couple of more translations.

These are the two cards that I need translated:

I will give a 10 geekgold reward to whomever is willing to translate it for me.

If it is of any help, here are the old cards with the translations I got:

Quote:
No.1 "You're talking about Krillin!"
Goku: When your Krillin loses in a battle, you can put your Goku in your deck onto the board immediately without paying its cost.
闘[G]:[Fatal Blow] When it attacks, 3 on a dice also become critical.
破[R/G]:[Regain] While it battles in Dragonball area, +2 battle power.

No.2 "Mentor and Apprentice"
Gohan/Piccolo: +1 battle power. While both of them on the field, additional +1 battle power.
闘:[Counter] When it's attacked, +1 battle power.
激:[You can't pass me] While it's in your appearance area, +2 battle power.
破:[Afterimage punch] During a battle, you can reroll your dice once.

No.3 "I'm an elite!"
Vegeta: When it attacks, +3 battle power.
武[B]:[Invasion] It can appear onto a square in a second row from your side. If there's an opponent cast in the square, battle with it immediately.
破[Y/B]:[Revive] When it breaches, you may choose one of your figure in your defeat area and return it to your deck.

No.4 "My battle power is 530 thousands."
Frieza: +2 battle power. While it battles in Dragonball area, additional +2 battle power.
闘:[Let's go!] It can move one square forward.
武:[Flight] It can move one square sideway.
破:[Afterimage punch] During a battle, you can reroll your dice once.

No. 5: "Warrior inherited"
Gohan/Trunks: While your Goku on a field, +2 battle power.
激[G]:[High Counter] When it's attacked, 1 on a dice also become critical.
破:[Counter] When it's attacked, +1 battle power.

No. 6 ”The Ginyu Force"
Ginyu/Recoome/Burter/Jiece/Guldo: +1 battle power for each of these Ginyu Force figure in your breach/defeat area.
激[G]:[High Counter] When it's attacked, 1 on a dice also become critical.
破:[Rage] While your opponent's score is 7 or more, +3 battle power.

No. 7 "Saibaman increasing"
Saibaman: You can put a Saibaman even if you have another Saibaman on the field.
闘:[Saibaman seeds] When you won a battle, you can put one of your Saibaman in your defeat area into breach area.
破[Y]:[Counterattack] +1 battle power for each of your cast in your defeat area.

No. 8 "Come here, Shenron!"
Shenron: While you have Goku and Yamcha on the field, you can put your Shenron in your deck onto Dragonball area without paying its cost.
闘[G]:[High Counter] When it's attacked, 1 on a dice also become critical.
破[Y/B]:[Revive] When it breaches, you may choose one of your figure in your defeat area and return it to your deck.

It would be great if the translation of cards 9 & 10 could follow the same clear structure.

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Gloag
Japan
Shinjo-shi
Yamagata
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry - haven't played the game so some of the naming might be a bit off! Hope this helps: (W)is white ...

No. 9 “Vegeta Family”
Vegeta/Trunks/Burma(?): You can use the highest cast AP among Vegeta/Trunks/Burma if they are in the battle field during battle.
闘[R]:[Power Awakening] You get +2 battle power if you have 5 points or more.
破[W]:[Divide Energy] All of your cast in the Dragoball area get +1 battle power.

No. 10 “Red Ribbon Army Legacy”
Android 17, 18, 19, 20: You can immediately play any one of these cast from your deck for no cost when you lose a battle with these cast.
闘[W]:[Solar Punch] On losing a battle a dice is rolled. On a ‘3’ the cast moves to an empty space to the left or right, not to the defeated area.
武[Y]:[Controlled Energy] You get +1 battle power if this cast is in your defeated area.
破[W]:[Energy Detection] You can move and battle an opponent cast ignoring movement patterns if they are orthogonally next to your cast.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel B
Sweden
Kungsbacka
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dgbg wrote:
Sorry - haven't played the game so some of the naming might be a bit off! Hope this helps: (W)is white ...

No. 9 “Vegeta Family”
Vegeta/Trunks/Burma(?): You can use the highest cast AP among Vegeta/Trunks/Burma if they are in the battle field during battle.
闘[R]:[Power Awakening] You get +2 battle power if you have 5 points or more.
破[W]:[Divide Energy] All of your cast in the Dragoball area get +1 battle power.

No. 10 “Red Ribbon Army Legacy”
Android 17, 18, 19, 20: You can immediately play any one of these cast from your deck for no cost when you lose a battle with these cast.
闘[W]:[Solar Punch] On losing a battle a dice is rolled. On a ‘3’ the cast moves to an empty space to the left or right, not to the defeated area.
武[Y]:[Controlled Energy] You get +1 battle power if this cast is in your defeated area.
破[W]:[Energy Detection] You can move and battle an opponent cast ignoring movement patterns if they are orthogonally next to your cast.

Thanks, it's good enough for me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Gloag
Japan
Shinjo-shi
Yamagata
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not at all - and thanks for the geekgold! much appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel B
Sweden
Kungsbacka
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a three additional questions which I would love some help with.

NUMBER ONE

First of all, I'm a bit uncertain of two of the effects above.

As a short explanation, each player has several figures in his team. Each figure belongs to a faction and a color.

At the start of the game each player selects one of the effect cards. Each card gives an effect to one or more specific characters (listed at the top of the card). The effect card also gives bonuses to figures of certain factions (闘,激,武,破). The faction bonuses are however sometimes limited to figures of specific colors (緑,黄,白,赤,青). The effect cards never affect the opponent’s figures.

In the translations above I am uncertain about the following two:

Quote:
破[Y]:[Counterattack] +1 battle power for each of your cast in your defeat area.

Quote:

The way I understand the translation of #7 is that each 破[Y] figure gains +1 battle power for each figure in the lost area (regardless of the faction and color of the figures in the lost area).

The way I understand the translation of #10 is that each 武[Y] figure gains +1 battle power for each 武[Y] figure in the lost area (in other words, the figures in the lost area have to match the faction and color).

Is that correct? I am particularly unsure about how to interpret the effect on #10.

NUMBER TWO

When there is a battle, each players rolls a die and adds the result to his battle power. If he rolls a 6 it is a critical hit which allows the player to roll again and add the next roll to his battle power. However, I don't know what happens if a player first rolls a critical hit (6) and then rolls another 6. Does he get to roll a third time?

Here is the relevant rules passage:

NUMBER THREE

There is a Q&A section in the rules which I have never seen translated. I would love to see a translation of this part:

Thanks in advance. Any help will be rewarded with geekgold!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Gloag
Japan
Shinjo-shi
Yamagata
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hiya - sorry for the delay. Work does that sometimes!

Q1 It seems No. 10 is a pretty weak card. It just states that when the cast is in the defeated area you get +1 battle power. Now maybe it's useful since that effect will last the whole game (?) as long as the cast is always in the defeated area but the other card looks much more useful (unless it is just a one-off).

Ok, looking at this again, any time you have a cast in your defeated area you get +1 battle power (for yellow cast). Hmm - not a particularly earth shattering card!!

Q2 The last sentence in 1 says that if you continue to roll 6s you continue to get critical hits!! They would all add up!! So, yes, he would get a third (fourth, fifth) roll if another 6 was rolled!

Q3 I'll need a bit more time for this!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Gloag
Japan
Shinjo-shi
Yamagata
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK - here are Q1-11 with their answers:

Q1 Are cards like Songoku and Songoku (Super Sayajin) (same person but with different names) treated as different character casts?
A1 In this case they are both treated as Songoku casts and therefore can't appear in the field together. Any effect card for Songoku can be applied to either card.

Q2 Can I play the same character cast as one already in my defeated area or 'break-through' area?
A2 Yes, it can come in to play. Not having the same cast in play only applies to the field and not the other areas.

Q3 Can I play the Sengoku cast if my opponent has already played one in his field?
A3 Yes, this rule only applies to not being allowed to play the same casts in your own field. You may play the same character casts as your opponent.

Q4 can I face (turn) my cast to the side or backwards and then move them in that direction if I have to move 'forward'?
A5 No, your casts always face enemy lines and forward movement means advancing towards them.

Q5 When moving 2 or more spaces, do you have to move the full amount?
A5 No, yo umay stop moving after moving one space.

Q6 When moving 2 or more spaces in one turn, can you move forward and then back to your starting place?
A6 No, you may never move back to your starting place during the same turn.

Q7 What is the difference of "attacking" and "being attacked" on the effect card?
A7 Attacking happens when you move onto an opponents space and battle; Being attacked happens when an opponent moves onto your space and attacks.

Q8 If an effect states that I get a critical hit on a 3, does that mean only on a 3?
A8 No, it means that you get a critical hit on a roll of 3 and 6.

Q9 If I get a critical on a roll of 3, and roll again. Do I add 6 to this second roll (since I just got a critical hit)?
A9 No, you just add 3 to the second roll (D'Uh!)

Q10 What happens to an opponents score and my cost when an effect card allows me to move a cast from my defeated area to my deck or the 'break through" area?
A10 You just change that amount of opponents points or cost. (bit vague)

Q11 Is it possible to get the character icon extra effect and the special effect together?
A11 Yes, it is possible.

Again, hope that helps. Sorry "break through" should be "breach" area.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel B
Sweden
Kungsbacka
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dgbg wrote:
Q1 It seems No. 10 is a pretty weak card. It just states that when the cast is in the defeated area you get +1 battle power. Now maybe it's useful since that effect will last the whole game (?) as long as the cast is always in the defeated area but the other card looks much more useful (unless it is just a one-off).

Ok, looking at this again, any time you have a cast in your defeated area you get +1 battle power (for yellow cast). Hmm - not a particularly earth shattering card!!

I'm still a bit confused. Do you mean this:

#7 says that each 破[Y] cast gains +1 battle power for each cast in the lost area (regardless of the faction and color of the casts in the lost area).

#10 says that each 武[Y] cast gains +1 battle power if there is at least one cast in the lost area (regardless of the faction and color of the casts in the lost area).

In other words #10 is like a weaker version of #7 since #10 only gives +1 regardless of how many casts there are in the lost area, but #7 gives +1 for each cast in the lost area.

Is that correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel B
Sweden
Kungsbacka
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dgbg wrote:
Q2 The last sentence in 1 says that if you continue to roll 6s you continue to get critical hits!! They would all add up!! So, yes, he would get a third (fourth, fifth) roll if another 6 was rolled!

That's really interesting. Some of the power cards make other dice roll critical hits as well (such as card #1 which makes 3's critical for certain casts). That makes them really powerful because you could roll 3->6->6->3->4

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Gloag
Japan
Shinjo-shi
Yamagata
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, that is how I read it. No 7 gives you +1 per cast in the lost area, No. 10 gives only +1 as long as any cast is in the cast area. There is no specific information about colors factions etc. It seems that No 7 is a really powerful card! Continual critical hits seem even better!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Gloag
Japan
Shinjo-shi
Yamagata
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe there are fewer 破 factions than 武 factions in the game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel B
Sweden
Kungsbacka
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dgbg wrote:
Yes, that is how I read it. No 7 gives you +1 per cast in the lost area, No. 10 gives only +1 as long as any cast is in the cast area. There is no specific information about colors factions etc. It seems that No 7 is a really powerful card! Continual critical hits seem even better!!

Thanks a lot! I'll stick with this interpretation.

To give you some additional context, a player usually only has 4-6 casts in total during the game, so if he has more than one in his lost area he is in a bad situation... So the #7 card is potentially strong but in practice not so much stronger than #10.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Gloag
Japan
Shinjo-shi
Yamagata
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great!! Enjoy the game and don't lose too many casts!! Apologies for getting the names wrong! Bad research! if you have any further questions (or if anyone else reading this finds any corrections) - fire away!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel B
Sweden
Kungsbacka
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks.

This is what the game looks like:

And I'm currently working on cards for all the figures which contain all the relevant information and their names in English. I'm also creating English translations of the special effect cards. This is what I've done so far (as you can see I have re-worded your translations to fit the terminology I've used in my rules translations and other cards):

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Gloag
Japan
Shinjo-shi
Yamagata
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow - a lot of work has gone into that! A labour of love without a doubt! Glad I could have been of some help. the metal pieces look great btw.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.