Subject: Loyalist's main agent assassinated rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pablo B.
France
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi,

I don't get what happens when a loyalist's main agent is assassinated...

The rules state "if he's a loyalist then he does not remove his marker". And then what? Can he keep going around with his dead main agent? moving it from city to city, and acting as normal?

This seems to be the rule, but it's a bit awkward, don't you think?

Pablo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
It's a fearful thing, to fall into the Hands of the Living God!
badge
Tell me, have you found the Yellow Sign?
mbmbmbmbmb
It is a thematic game. The "Loyalists" have the favors of the dark gods on their side. They cannot be assassinated by mortal means, if it doesn't please the gods (and it doesn't).

The bullet travelled through the body.
The bullet stopped right in front of the body, in mid-air.
The dynamite exploded, but he stood there and came out of the blast unharmed.
The building collapsed, but he didn't have a scratch.
He should have gone insane, but he wasn't sane in the first place.
He lay there for about two hours, dead, but then he got up and went to breakfast.

There are numerous explanations you can think of, I bet. It's supernatural, that is for sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boian Spasov
Bulgaria
Sofia
flag msg tools
We are the knights who say...
badge
Ni!
mbmbmbmbmb
Or you can say that he is indeed dead, but it doesn't matter since the Old Ones have no shortage of servants and will immediately provide a replacement for him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That would defeat the purpose of the "Main Agent" as being a focus point. Generally speaking, it's a valid interpretation, but that would make the Main Agent a faceless mass of soldiers. But since the Main Agent is a representation of the player, that would be unfitting, I feel...

I also thought about the MA being a zombie afterwards, but then, we already have zombies...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pablo B.
France
flag msg tools
mbmb
Okay, I got the picture, thanks guys.

I personally prefer blizzardb's interpretation, because the GOOs are vulnerable to assassination themselves (particularly explosions

And the Loyalist agents are faceless masks after all. When you kill one, there are hundreds of them ready to take the lead...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's Nyarlathotep, pal.
And Royalty are not gods, here. Even GOOs are not gods...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cisne
United Kingdom
Leeds
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
According to Martin Wallace, a Loyalist main agent is replaced by another Loyalist if killed/drive insanse...but your main agent still only represents one person at a time (presumably the best of their kind), so there's that!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm.

Sad to have an official explanation to something that doesn't need one, because it is just a thematic question. And because many other theories also work...

So I will play it totally wrong in the future, claiming that "no, the Main Agent is not dead". And be happy. And will claim that everyting else is totally wrong. Even Mr. Wallaces opinion on this point...

devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.