Park City
Kansas
flag msg tools
publisher
http://www.eggrules.com/games/games-d-l/gallerist-the/
badge
US Sales Manager for Eagle-Gryphon Games
mbmbmbmbmb
I was invited to a new event called Super Nerd Nights at a local bar and grill in Wichita to set up and demo some games. I brought a small selection from the Gryphon Bookshelf series of games because they are fun, easy to teach, and are perfect little filler games to introduce people into gaming.

The first game played was Looting London, a Knizia game where you are trying to gain evidence tiles by playing matching sets of witness cards equal to the number on the evidence tile. The goal is to clear out the columns of tiles to solve the case and recover the loot.

Michelle joined me for the first game and I gave her the first turn. Her strategy was ultimately to build up her hand of witness cards. I went after getting as many evidence tiles as I could. The first case to get solved was the yellow "Top Secret" case. After comparing our total value of evidence tiles for this case, Michelle and I both had a value of 6 resulting in neither one of us getting the Loot bonus.

Realizing that maybe I shouldn't try clearing the cases out so fast, I tried making a better effort at gaining a good variety of evidence tiles. Michelle starting making some big plays with her collection of witness cards as well.

Finally it came down to each of the four remaining cases having one evidence tile each on them. The blue "Gold" case, then the purple "Crown Jewels" case, and finally the green "Van Gogh" case were all solved. The fifth case always remains unsolved and thus the evidence tiles for that case are not scored.

The game came to a very close end with Michelle winning by two points (36-34) and becoming the Master Sleuth!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.