Subject: question to ease my mind rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
trevor

Missouri
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I obviously don't even have this game yet, but cannot wait to start building these books. After watching the previews for the hundreth time in order to mentally prepare my spellbooks I have one question.

The Vine Snapper has a full attack and a quick attack. However, it is rooted and has no uproot ability. So when would you use the quick attack, it has no special ability other than one less die? Seems odd.

Anyway, PLEASE release this game Miniature market!!!!!!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Douglass
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The quick attack is useful for guarding. If you're taking an attack action with a Vine Snapper, you should always do the full action attack. There may be a card that Uproots a creature at some point in the future, in which case the quick attack would be relevant for more than just guarding.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Kidd
United States
Thomasville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are several things that utilize a Quick Attack over a Full Attack. Guarding is the most obvious, but there's also spells such as Retaliate and Battle Fury.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Durst
United States
Tampa
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From what I understand, Uproot gives you the ability to pay some mana to allow your plant to move just like a regular critter. So after paying the uproot, that Vine Snapper is frew to move and quick attack or don't uproot and just do the full attack against someone in your square.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ivan Kidd
United States
Thomasville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You are correct about the uproot trait, Steven, however not all rooted creatures have the uproot trait. Vine Snapper does not. As Scott said, maybe there will be external methods to give the Uproot trait in the future, but for now there is not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.