Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game: Rise of the Runelords – Base Set» Forums » Rules

Subject: Amiri movement power rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan York

Ferndale
Washington
msg tools
mbmb
What is the benefit to moving at the end of your turn, when you can just move wherever you want at the beginning of your turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darth Ed
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can give another character a card at the beginning of Amiri's next turn. (The rulebook says that giving another character a card precedes the step that allows moving to a new location.)

It could also potentially allow you to temporarily close a location when another character encounters the villain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Some locations such as Guard Tower have negative effects if you start your turn there. Amiri can explore the Guard Tower then move away at the end of her turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Some locs trigger adverse effects when you start your turn there. Also, she can move to someone else's loc at the end of her turn for the purpose of giving them a card at the start of her next turn, then moving back to her previous loc to continue exploring there. So she is the only character that can explore the same loc two turns in a row while giving a card to someone at a different loc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonan Jello
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
badge
♫ As the masters rot on walls ♫ And the angels eat their grapes ♫ I watched Picasso Visit The Planet Of The Apes ♫
mbmbmbmbmb
If she had taken significant damage during her turn and needed to heal, I'd move Amiri to Lem.
The halfling could remain at his location and on his turn heal Amiri to continue making progress exploring his 'Charisma/Diplomacy check to close' location.

Just curious, if the pathfinder powers had titles, what would Amiri's movement speciality be called?
Is it a sort of hit-and-run tactic or berserker swiftness?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kim Williams
United Kingdom
St Just
Cornwall
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It also means she can explore the same location as someone else, and then run away at the end of her turn to avoid any "any characters at your location" effects that might occur during the other characters turn (i.e if they encounter a card which brings a negative consequence to other people at that location she'll be safe).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Enden
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, Amiri can close a location on her turn and then move to a different location to be ready to temporarily close it if another character locates the villain. I have found this to be fairly useful. I hate having characters standing in closed locations when the villain is suddenly encountered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Gentry
United States
Unspecified
Virginia
flag msg tools
Hex_Enduction_Hour wrote:
Just curious, if the pathfinder powers had titles, what would Amiri's movement speciality be called?
Is it a sort of hit-and-run tactic or berserker swiftness?

In Pathfinder, the barbarian class has a "fast movement" power that lets them move an extra 10-20' per round. I assume that's what the card mechanic is meant to emulate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonan Jello
United States
Newark
California
flag msg tools
badge
♫ As the masters rot on walls ♫ And the angels eat their grapes ♫ I watched Picasso Visit The Planet Of The Apes ♫
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, thanks for that clarification on fast movement, Michael.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.