Subject: How do you describe awesome? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Ganshaw
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So we are down to the wire. By weekends end hopefully most of us will have a bunch of new content to sort through.
I was revisiting the KS page and just writing down everything that was coming in my box. With all of the stretch goals, all I can say is WOW, this is going to be cool..

Not awesome you say? Well I hope so, but that remains to be seen... You see, last week I received my Ogre Designers Edition KS (roughly one year late)and that was truly AWESOME. Now I certainly have high expectations that Red Devils along with everything else that is coming will equal Ogre, but boy is the competition going to be tough.

Just a couple more days....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am looking forward to RD and Ogre (gee, I bet I know which one I get first). Congratulations on being on the short list of DE recipients.

I look forward to punching and polishing my troops!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep...I'm figuring a full day to clean laser dust, go through the cards and mount the guys on their bases...then, maybe next weekend I can actually play with with these guys meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew DiGregorio
United States
West Babylon
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a scary clown!
mbmbmbmbmb
agreed. i did the same thing yesterday. i revisited the KS page and looked at everything we are due to get in our KS-Enhanced boxes. Very excited!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Krieble
United States
Bethlehem
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know yet - I have gotten the "we start shipping Tuesday" message - whether we will get individual messages that OUR stuff has shipped (with tracking numbers, etc.)???

I realize that there is a lot of people waiting to get stuff, just curious.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Parker
England
Stoke on Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Kelly,

From my previous experience, you will receive e-mail from Debbie at LBG, with tracking details when parcel sent.

Gordon

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Di Ponio
United States
Lake Orion
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am pretty excited. I have the SMG Veterans level coming with 4 terrain expansions and storage boxes. Will be really cool! The weather is changing quickly in Michigan. All the fall clean up is done, Christmas lights put up and all holiday events are in the books so I can concetrate on a winter full of gaming!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ganshaw
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
An update on shipping would be nice....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
Banor58 wrote:
An update on shipping would be nice....

I'm wondering if ALL of the KS orders were sent to UPS on Tuesday, or if they're being shipped in phases?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are quite a few supporters for such a small operation, I suspect it will take a little time before all orders are shipped.

I'm not speaking bad of LBG, just what I see as the reality of the situation looking at the massive shipping process over at Steve Jackson Games.

Todd
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ganshaw
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jim,
I am assuming in phases. I am a next day point from LBG and did not see anything today. Seeing as there are around 220 or so shipments to make, I would expect tomorrow or Friday for all the shipment to be in the post. Since there goal was to have everyone get Red Devils at approximately the same time, they are probably shipping farthest to closest. Although I hope to have it be the weekend, I am preparing myself for Monday,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
Banor58 wrote:
Jim,
I am assuming in phases. I am a next day point from LBG and did not see anything today. Seeing as there are around 220 or so shipments to make, I would expect tomorrow or Friday for all the shipment to be in the post. Since there goal was to have everyone get Red Devils at approximately the same time, they are probably shipping farthest to closest. Although I hope to have it be the weekend, I am preparing myself for Monday,

Well, I'm hoping before Monday...I took most of this week off in anticipation of rcvd this during this week. Sunday is football day for me...and my birthday, so I'm hoping for a Sat delivery whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MayorJim wrote:
Banor58 wrote:
Jim,

Well, I'm hoping before Monday...I took most of this week off in anticipation of rcvd this during this week. Sunday is football day for me...and my birthday, so I'm hoping for a Sat delivery whistle

Happy 60th Jim!

Hopefully you get the game Saturday...though not sure if it will be this Saturday whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hahma wrote:
MayorJim wrote:
Banor58 wrote:
Jim,

Happy 60th Jim!

Hopefully you get the game Saturday...though not sure if it will be this Saturday whistle

Thanks Greg...actually, I'm pretty much resigned to not being able to fuss with this until Christmas. It is disappointing in that Jeff had earlier indicated via KS that it would have been shipped prior to 11/11...at least my SoG stuff will be coming in relatively in time

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Look forward to my buddy getting his SoG stuff too. I know he ordered a boatload of it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Krieble
United States
Bethlehem
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
alexfan wrote:
Hi Kelly,

From my previous experience, you will receive e-mail from Debbie at LBG, with tracking details when parcel sent.

Gordon

Yeah, I'm kinda regretting I didn't do the "we can bring your stuff to Fall-In and you can pick it up there" option. So far, nothing about my stuff shipping - coulda had it tomorrow if I'da known it wasn't going to be shipped yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allan Doyle

Virginia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dr_divot wrote:
alexfan wrote:
Hi Kelly,

Gordon

Yeah, I'm kinda regretting I didn't do the "we can bring your stuff to Fall-In and you can pick it up there" option. So far, nothing about my stuff shipping - coulda had it tomorrow if I'da known it wasn't going to be shipped yet.

My understanding was everything shipped Tuesday. Was this not so?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Morse
msg tools
AKDoyle wrote:
dr_divot wrote:
alexfan wrote:
Hi Kelly,

Gordon

That was my understanding as well, but so far no one has reported a tracking number, delivery and LBG doesn't appear to be answering questions on the KS comments as to the status of fulfillment, so there's a bit of head scratching going around.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew DiGregorio
United States
West Babylon
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I'm a scary clown!
mbmbmbmbmb
i have to agree... i'd like to hear from someone for sure if/when shipping completed....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Boyd
United States
flag msg tools
Yup, that's me. By John Kovalic.
mbmbmbmbmb
AKDoyle wrote:

They STARTED shipping Tuesday. I'd be very surprised if they got 236 packages out the door in one day. The key is knowing when the LAST package goes out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
Tommy20 wrote:
AKDoyle wrote:

They STARTED shipping Tuesday. I'd be very surprised if they got 236 packages out the door in one day. The key is knowing when the LAST package goes out.

Well, I hope that one isn't mine shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Boyd
United States
flag msg tools
Yup, that's me. By John Kovalic.
mbmbmbmbmb
It IS somewhat odd that nobody's reported receiving theirs yet.

Someone suggested they may have sent them out in order of expected travel time, longest first, so there would be less time between the first & last ones arriving. If that's the case, the international ones may have gone out first, with those closer to LBG bringing up the rear.

NOTE: I have NO IDEA if this is the case. It just makes sense given that nobody has reported getting theirs yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Morse
msg tools
Tommy20 wrote:
AKDoyle wrote:

Per Jeffs comments on the 6th and the 8th, they were packing last week and final packing was being done on the the 8th, so not sure why the actual dropoff/pickup from UPS and USPS should take more than a couple days.

BTW, I think all anyone would like to know is "what's going on?", as it seemed some should have started showing up by now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
mb
According to Jeff on the comments of RD, when asked about the stated Tuesday ship date:
Jeff Billings wrote:
I know I promised that update. I had more to do to get ready for convention than I first thought. I will post the update Sunday night when I get back.

If they are sending out shipping notices, I haven't received anything.
So I have a suspicion nothing has gone out yet & we are due for another "unforeseen circumstances" communique.
(I don't know that for sure, just reading the tea leaves of Jeff's somewhat cryptic comment, so your interpretation may vary.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Pseudonym
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fightcitymayor wrote:
According to Jeff on the comments of RD, when asked about the stated Tuesday ship date:
Jeff Billings wrote:
I know I promised that update. I had more to do to get ready for convention than I first thought. I will post the update Sunday night when I get back.

If they are sending out shipping notices, I haven't received anything.
So I have a suspicion nothing has gone out yet & we are due for another "unforeseen circumstances" communique.
(I don't know that for sure, just reading the tea leaves of Jeff's somewhat cryptic comment, so your interpretation may vary.)

In that case, if someone is going to the convention please pop the question for us and post it with your smart phone. You know you want to.

As for the shipping the furthest away first, I hope not. I might be the last one sent as I'm not an hour away. In fact, I'm picking up a futon tonight that I doubt is 20 minutes away.

-Jeff M.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.