Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter Sbirakos
Australia
Canberra, ACT
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Inspired by the redesign by Todd Sanders for this game and will attempt to build it. I built Skirmish Wars: Advance Tactics a few years ago and that was a lot of fun so this will be my second build.

I'm wondering if Todd Sanders might be kind enough to mention what the paper weight was for the playing cards? Any other information on other items of the game would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Peter

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
todd sanders
United States
pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
well i used printerstudio.com to print my cards
but if you can find some 300gsm paper you could probably do a good pnp version

i printed the board/map/tree on a large plotter and, after cutting it into sections, i mounted it to modeler's birch plywood (1/8" thick in our imperial measurements)

it is a big build. 700+ cards, 1500+ counters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Sbirakos
Australia
Canberra, ACT
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome! Thanks for replying - and prepared for the build. Skirmish Wars was quite big as well. Its all in the planning!!!

I've just graduated from University (after 4 long years) so this will be my graduation present!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gadi Oron
Israel
Rehovot
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Peter

What's important with cards is not the GSM but the stiffness of the stock.
You can use a 350gsm stock that is too flexible while another 200gsm stock will work great sue to their high stiffness.

I tried many types (I work in the printing industry, so I have access to quite a lot, and the trick I came up with for printing great cards is to get the paper used to print business cards.

It's widespread, not too expensive, and you can find it in various texture effects that give the cards a "pro" look.

Enjoy

madkarateman wrote:
Inspired by the redesign by Todd Sanders for this game and will attempt to build it. I built Skirmish Wars: Advance Tactics a few years ago and that was a lot of fun so this will be my second build.

I'm wondering if Todd Sanders might be kind enough to mention what the paper weight was for the playing cards? Any other information on other items of the game would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Peter

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Sbirakos
Australia
Canberra, ACT
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Thanks for the tip Gadi, appreciate that a lot. I was tossing up between 200, 250 and 300 gsm and hadn't decided which way to go.

But certainly will check for 'business card/paper'.

regex wrote:
Hi Peter

What's important with cards is not the GSM but the stiffness of the stock.
You can use a 350gsm stock that is too flexible while another 200gsm stock will work great sue to their high stiffness.

I tried many types (I work in the printing industry, so I have access to quite a lot, and the trick I came up with for printing great cards is to get the paper used to print business cards.

It's widespread, not too expensive, and you can find it in various texture effects that give the cards a "pro" look.

Enjoy

madkarateman wrote:

Thanks
Peter

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gadi Oron
Israel
Rehovot
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Peter,

You can look at the trick I explained in another post on how to check for stiffness.
Look here

Enjoy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Feigl
Austria
Steyr
Upper Austria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dumarest123 wrote:
well i used printerstudio.com to print my cards
but if you can find some 300gsm paper you could probably do a good pnp version

You don't happen to still have the projects needed to print the playing cards there? It must have been a lot of work to upload each card one by one :-/

Greetings,
Peter

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
todd sanders
United States
pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
it is a lot of work to upload the 700+ cards yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.