La Bataille de la Moscowa (third edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Cavalry Melee Modifier Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
12.5.4 states "While in General Order or when Charging units in General Order, cavalry units multiply their melee value by 1/2..."

I see the modifier in the charts for "Target is in General Order", but no x1/2 modifier for "Unit is in General Order" in the charts.

Which takes precedence? I would assume it is the rules as written?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thomas fernbacker
United States
hicksville
New York
flag msg tools
gbacw nut
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I usually follow the written rule because I've already had issues where something was written and the other was not even on the chart.

It's there

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thomas7163 wrote:
I usually follow the written rule because I've already had issues where something was written and the other was not even on the chart.

It's there

There where?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
thomas fernbacker
United States
hicksville
New York
flag msg tools
gbacw nut
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is on the same sheet as "Roll to Close"(left side), down from that is "Roll to Stand vs Assault", just to the right of that is "Calvary Melee Modofiers Chart", Sixth one down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Y
United States
Peoria
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
boyinblue1 wrote:
thomas7163 wrote:

It's there

There where?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thomas7163 wrote:
It is on the same sheet as "Roll to Close"(left side), down from that is "Roll to Stand vs Assault", just to the right of that is "Calvary Melee Modofiers Chart", Sixth one down.

Yeah, I know. It says: "Target is in General Order". My point was that means the unit is only x 1/2 if it's melee target is in General Order. For the Charging unit to be modified because it was in General Order it would have to say: "Unit is in General Order" the same way the modifier two rows down says: Unit is Disordered x 1/2".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Ciabatti
Italy
Firenze
Tuscany
flag msg tools
badge
Clipped avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Dave, I think you're right: the chart is not consistent with the rules and should be modified. The rules are correct, of course.

You're not using the latest release of the rules (because the paragraph numbers are different), but I see the inconsistency has not been corrected, and is both in the ML and in the Règ. Terry, do you confirm I'm right?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Doherty
United States
Snohomish
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, it looks like it is missing from the chart.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TerryD2010 wrote:
Yes, it looks like it is missing from the chart.

Thanks guys! I love the game and I'm very excited about discovering such a fun series. I'll be reviewing it and recommending it on the upcoming episode of our Advance After Combat podcast.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nickcia wrote:
Dave, I think you're right: the chart is not consistent with the rules and should be modified. The rules are correct, of course.

You're not using the latest release of the rules (because the paragraph numbers are different), but I see the inconsistency has not been corrected, and is both in the ML and in the Règ. Terry, do you confirm I'm right?

And after looking over the newest version of the rules online, it looks like the two sections that confused me the most, retreat paths and stacking violations, were made much clearer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola Ciabatti
Italy
Firenze
Tuscany
flag msg tools
badge
Clipped avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
boyinblue1 wrote:
after looking over the newest version of the rules online, it looks like the two sections that confused me the most, retreat paths and stacking violations, were made much clearer.

Yes, Terry Doherty, the current developer of the rules, is doing a great job, imho.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.