The Lord of the Rings: The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: East Bight and The Carrock rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Dickie

Mississippi
msg tools
mbmbmb
Let's say you have two location cards in the staging area: East Bight and The Carrock.

Let's futher say that you have an active travel location.

Let's say you clear the active travel location with enough overage to clear step 1B of Conflict at the Carrock.

East Bight says, "If players have the option to travel, they must travel to the East Bight if there is no active travel location."

Stage 1B says, "Once you place the 7th progress token, The Carrock becomes the active travel location. Discard any previous travel location."

Here's what I did:

1. Placed the third token on the active travel location (Banks of the Anduin).

2. Moved Banks of the Anduin to the top of the encounter deck.

3. Moved East Bight to the active travel location, in accordance with its instructions.

4. Placed the final two progress tokens on Stage 1B and proceeded immediately to Stage 2B.

5. Made The Carrock the active travel location and discarded East Bight.

So, in essence, I got a two-fer, but I think I did it properly.

Or are progress tokens for Banks of the Anduin and Stage 1B considered to apply simultaneously, in which case BotA would clear at the same time 1B clears, The Carrock becomes the active travel location, and I don't have the option to travel to East Bight?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Mills
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you saying you traveled to East Bight during the Quest phase instead of the Travel phase?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Dickie

Mississippi
msg tools
mbmbmb
Er...maybe I am, and that would be an error, pretty obviously.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikos Pesmatzoglou
Greece
Agios Nikolaos - Anavyssos
Attiki
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed it is an error

I believe that it goes like this

1. Place the last token on active location which goes on discard pile
2. Place the remaining token on the quest card, the moment you place the 7th token, Carrock becomes the active location
3. Reveal the next quest card
4. Travel phase, but Carrack is aready the active one
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Dickie

Mississippi
msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for the input, guys.

It wouldn't have made a difference to the outcome of the game, as I had all my allies in play and a 29 Threat level, but I'm annoyed about messing up the sequencing of the location cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.