Subject: Why can't I add any more games to my profile? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brent Jacobs
United States
Fitzgerald
Georgia
flag msg tools
I don't know if there's a "top out" limit to the number of games you can register, but I'm just getting started and now the site will no longer permit me to enter any more games! This is a great place to keep track of current games, previously owned games and wanted games. What is wrong and what can I do?cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Bernard Wingrave'
United States
Wyoming
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you don't mind my asking, what do you mean by "registering" games? What is it that the site isn't letting you do? What error message are you getting?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Sonnenberg
United States
Waukesha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would have the same questions about what you're trying to add. There shouldn't be any restrictions on adding things to your Collection here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Mold the chaos into something beautiful
mbmbmbmbmb
There are people with 100's and 1000's of games in their collection, so your 144 definitely isn't capped off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Fraser
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There's definitely not a limit - I have seen users who have several thousand games listed in their collections. It should be as simple as clicking the 'add game' at the bottom of the game profile, or changing the 'game status' to 'owned' on the list after using the search function. It would definitely be helpful if you included the error message that is showing up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Jacobs
United States
Fitzgerald
Georgia
flag msg tools
I'm not getting any error messages, it's just that when I go to "profile" and click on owned games it brings up the "add a game" option, but when I click on it nothing happens.

Brentcry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Jacobs
United States
Fitzgerald
Georgia
flag msg tools
But when I go to "profile" and click on "games owned", it brings up the option to "add a game", but the site will not allow me to do this. It worked fine in this manner up until yesterday when the site would no longer allow me access to enter games in this manner. Should I be doing something different?

Brentcry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Jones
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
Yeah it's here! Really it's right here.
mbmbmbmbmb
maddwizard wrote:
I'm not getting any error messages, it's just that when I go to "profile" and click on owned games it brings up the "add a game" option, but when I click on it nothing happens.

Brentcry

Wow, how long has that button been there? Learn something new every day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Jacobs
United States
Fitzgerald
Georgia
flag msg tools
Thanks!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Fraser
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
maddwizard wrote:

Brentcry

I'm not sure why that isn't working for you.

Try using the search bar at the top of the page - type in the game title, click 'go', and then click on the 'status' box next to the appropriate search result. Check the 'owned' box, and click 'save'. Perhaps that way will work for you instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan Fraser
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Guantanamo wrote:
maddwizard wrote:

Brentcry

Wow, how long has that button been there? Learn something new every day.

I had never seen that until now either - it's pretty handy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ms. Shug
United States
Round Rock
TX
flag msg tools
badge
Got my eye on you!
mbmbmbmbmb
Try going to the page of the game you want to add and at the very bottom you will see something like "add to my collection". Click on that and you can add that game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
'Bernard Wingrave'
United States
Wyoming
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Poserdisposer wrote:

Try using the search bar at the top of the page - type in the game title, click 'go', and then click on the 'status' box next to the appropriate search result. Check the 'owned' box, and click 'save'. Perhaps that way will work for you instead.

This is a quick way to add games to your collection here on BGG. Another way is to go to a game's page, then scroll to the bottom and click "Add a copy to your collection".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan James
United States
Commerce Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
Professor, isn't it time for your nap?
badge
YES, DAMMIT!
mbmbmbmbmb
maddwizard wrote:
But when I go to "profile" and click on "games owned", it brings up the option to "add a game", but the site will not allow me to do this. It worked fine in this manner up until yesterday when the site would no longer allow me access to enter games in this manner. Should I be doing something different?

Brentcry

Make sure when you do it this way (I do it this way all the time) that the box "Mark as owned" is checked. If it's not, you won't see it. Hopefully it's that simple.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Loscutoff
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
I'd rather lose to a good move, Than win to a bad one...
badge
the abstract manifest.
mbmbmbmbmb
so this box isn't opening after clicking on "add game"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Jacobs
United States
Fitzgerald
Georgia
flag msg tools
That's exactly right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walter Kolinski
United States
Chicago
IL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
easier way is to type the name in the search box at the top of the main page, hit the go button, then a list will come up, scroll down to the game, go over to the status area, click in that area, then select whatever suits your needs
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Jacobs
United States
Fitzgerald
Georgia
flag msg tools
Thanks!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walter Kolinski
United States
Chicago
IL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Poserdisposer wrote:
maddwizard wrote:

Brentcry

doh, musta missed this reply before

edit for spelling
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Jacobs
United States
Fitzgerald
Georgia
flag msg tools
Thanks!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
Before terraforming Mars, Surviving Mars is required: Paradox Interactive; Steam.
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sandmanx82 wrote:
Make sure when you do it this way (I do it this way all the time) that the box "Mark as owned" is checked. If it's not, you won't see it. Hopefully it's that simple.

Excellent call! He has several games entered as owned and unowned.

BRENT: It will be safer entering your collection through the top menu My Geek (wait for a menu to appear) and pick Collection. OR through the under your name here in the forums then pick Collection. This will give your entire collection, not just owned games.
Brent Jacobs
United States
Fitzgerald
Georgia
flag msg tools

WClick the here and pick Collection.

To remove a duplicate, click on the red X to the far right.

To change a game from unowned to owned, click in the Status column on the line of that game.

Add a game, you know, and they will show up in this view, but won't show up as owned unless you click the Owned box. You can make them owned as I explained above.

(You probably don't want to quote this message: it's pretty arcane.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Fisk
United Kingdom
Stoke on Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
Come on you Seagulls! Sami Hyppia's Blue & White army!
badge
That's weird. This bit used to mention Shire Games, and tell you all how wonderful we are. But it seems to have got deleted. Let's see what happens this time ....
mbmbmbmbmb
mplatov1812 wrote:

Probably really obvious, but do you have pop-ups blocked for this site ?

N.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Moviebuffs wrote:
mplatov1812 wrote:

Probably really obvious, but do you have pop-ups blocked for this site ?

N.

That wouldn't be considered pop-up but blocking java-script could do it but he likely at least have some java-script allowed =P

Running No-script? What browser?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Jacobs
United States
Fitzgerald
Georgia
flag msg tools
Thanks for your reply! No I don't have pop-ups blocked for this site, and all the kindly help has led me on the right track!

Brent

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Jacobs
United States
Fitzgerald
Georgia
flag msg tools
Right, no pop-up blockers and I do have Java scrpt. By the by I'm using Firefox as my browser. Thanks!! All the help has been very helpful.

Brent

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.