Sam Do
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ezren Encounters Mystic Inscription and succeeds his check to defeat.

i roll d4 and landed a 3. gotten 3 random spell cards. do i Bury 3 cards or 1 cards for The Cult Exposed

The Cult Exposed
If you acquire a spell, bury a card.

Mystic Inscription
If defeated, add 1d4 random spells from the box to your hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig S.
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Bury a card for each spell acquired. You can bury the acquired spell, if you want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Do
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks for the reply

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Asher
United States
SOUTH LAKE TAHOE
California
flag msg tools
badge
WACKY WAVING INFLATABLE ARM FLAILING TUBE MAN!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
xhaseox wrote:
Mystic Inscription
If defeated, add 14 random spells from the box to your hand.

I haven't played the cult exposed yet, but I question if these are actually "acquired" and not simply "added to your hand."
For example, The General Store (on closing) specifically uses the term "acquire."

I will reread the faqs and such because I may have missed that somewhere. Also the revised rule book...

EDIT: clarification of my original statements...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
theashers wrote:
xhaseox wrote:
Mystic Inscription
If defeated, add 14 random spells from the box to your hand.

I haven't played the cult exposed yet, but I question if these are actually "acquired." The general store (on closing) specifically uses "acquire."

I will reread the faqs and such because I may have missed that somewhere. Also the revised rule book...

I think you're reading too much into the use of the word "aquire".

If the scenario card said something like "If you pass a check to aquire a spell, bury a card", then cards gained from Mystic Inscription would not apply.

I would say that "If you aquire a spell" means if you gain a spell by whatever means then you bury a card.

See the following posts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Asher
United States
SOUTH LAKE TAHOE
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know... I feel I'm reading them literally. If a card says I "acquire" something, then I can perform other actions that trigger when I "acquire" something, such as Ezren's extra explore power for a Magic boon. If a card says "add to your hand" then I can perform actions that trigger based on "add to your hand."

When Ezren defeats a barrier and "adds 1d4 items to his hand" and one of those is a magic item, I don't take another explore. When he closes the General store after defeating a henchman and adds 1d6 items to the location and "automatically acquires the top card." If it's a magic item I explore again.

Charm Person also says "add to hand" and not "acquire" - and some other cards let you bury or banish to "add to hand." That is the basis for me thinking there is a difference between "acquire" and "add to hand."

But I could be mistaken on that distinction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Lawson
United Kingdom
Yateley
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
OK, the point I focused on was that the word "aquire" didn't have to mean you just passed an Aquire check but that's not what you were saying.

I think I would agree with your description.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Asher
United States
SOUTH LAKE TAHOE
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
xris wrote:
OK, the point I focused on was that the word "aquire" didn't have to mean you just passed an Aquire check but that's not what you were saying.

Yes, exactly...I didn't mean to imply otherwise, but I can see how my initial response left some gaps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.