I bought some shoes from a drug dealer. I don’t know what he laced them with, but I’ve been tripping all day.
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I think that all right-thinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am.
mbmbmbmbmb
Over the last few days I've wanted to make some changes to a couple of my searches on Ebay, but the latest "improvement" has removed much of the ease of use.

After I've edited my search criteria, I can no longer click on a check-box and specify that I want to Replace an Existing Search, like I could a couple of weeks ago. Now I have to create a whole new search, then delete the original one.

What's worse, I can't give the search a short name. It seems that the new name for the search is the entire list of criteria. For example: I set up a search for the animated movie "Epic" which came out earlier this year. Here's my search name and the list of exclusions:

Epic (2013) -bible -after -prize -kingdom -templar -hugo -"ben-hur" -oblivion -Z -hangover -barabbas
(This helps weed out movies that are described in the listing title as "epic".)

When I saved my search, there was no option to give it a short name like "Epic animated". No, the new search name is the full string you see above, which makes for a horribly messy listing of searches. I've tried going to the "Edit Search" option, but it just takes me to the search page so I can run it again. Maybe I'm missing the link that lets me change the search name, but I've looked all over for something and can't find anything.

I assume some of these changes are intended to make it easier to run Ebay from a smart phone, but for those of us who don't have one and still use laptops, it's frustrating.

Does anyone else using Ebay have any suggestions, or have I missed some vital bit?

And where can I send a strong letter of protest about this latest flub?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bat Profile
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like that it is now your Following Feed.

To the right of my search bar is the Advanced nub.

I highlighted a few key things and my Epic search, while still skewed to power sellers and stuff was a bit more refined and then I was given the option to drop it into my feed.

Feed is on the home page right over the top of recent searches on the left hand side.

Not a fan.

Not sure how to add things anymore to get alerts that some schmoe listed an item with a BIN that I can snag and relist for $100 more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I bought some shoes from a drug dealer. I don’t know what he laced them with, but I’ve been tripping all day.
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
I think that all right-thinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am.
mbmbmbmbmb
I remember when the Feed came out -- it just interfered with me getting to my summary page, so I deleted everything out of it.

I guess I'll try putting things back in, but I don't want an alert on every thing on my Search page -- I've got, like, 50 searches there. I only want a few things to send e-mail alerts, like Das Wasser des Lebens, Robert the Bruce, and some other rare Scottish-oriented games.

What a pain in the ass.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.