Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Vlaada Chvatil
Czech Republic
Brno
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Ah, what a lovely day. Comfortable chair, morning newspaper, and a nice hot cup of tea. I do love summer mornings in the garden. The birds are singing, the sun is shining ... Rather nice day for a carriage ride with a lovely lady.

Or should I go to work?

No. Not on a day like this. The work can wait. In fact, the lady and the carriage can wait, too. At least until I've done the daily crossword. Let's see, here: "ancient arena escapee".

Hmm. What could that be? ANGELOFDEATH? I know my poor uncle didn't escape him. Ah, no, silly me. Can't do. Completelly wrong number of letters. Let's see, what else could it be?

On second thought, the crossword can wait, too. It's time for my morning nap. Ah, this is going to be another great day!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Harrison
United States
Fisher
Illinois
flag msg tools
So long ...
badge
... and thanks for all the fish.
mb
The Prophecy of the Escaping Legend
Escaped Legend Clue
Legendary Escape
Stories of Escaped Pets (and Legends)
Escaped Legend
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
It's a fearful thing, to fall into the Hands of the Living God!
badge
Tell me, have you found the Yellow Sign?
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a fantastic clue!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mingyu
China
Shenzhen
Guangdong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dumon wrote:
This is a fantastic clue!

It's the best clue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ido Abelman
Israel
Hod Hasharon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As the contest ended, here is the solution to this clue:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
The narrator says that the escapee is not the Angel of Death and in fact it has a completely different number of letters. As this is a logic puzzle I took it at face value to mean "the escapee's name length is not 12 letters". That rules out "Angel of Death" and "Bone Catapult". I only much later noticed that bone catapult wasn't even an option.
Combining with the other clues, these two are the only ones you need to rule out to get a definite answer. But some people said you could interpret the phrase "Completely wrong number of letters" in a more liberal way and rule out legends whose name is close in legth. The funny thing is that it doesn't even matter how liberal you choose to be because the actual escapee (the Titan) has the shortest name, or the one farthest away from 12 letter! Of course the other clues are still needed for definite answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.