Jeff
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

BSG 391 - The Shape of Things to Come
5-Player Pegasus game going to Kobol, with no Cylon Leader

Welcome to the start of BSG 391 - The Shape of Things to Come. This will be a play-by-forum game in the style established by ColtsFan76. Thanks go to him for starting this. Thanks also to Orphius and JasperHawk for their work on the mod tools that will be used.

Players:
The players for this game are selected from the Waiting List. If you want to enter a game, please use this list, which is found at the BSG PBF Wiki.

Crew members are:
rdonoso as William Adama
personwholives as Tom Zarek
jaynova as Lee "Apollo" Adama
FredyC as Anastasia "Dee" Dualla
Ekiler as Ellen Tigh

House Rules:
Helena Cain's Blind Jump ability is problematic. I'd prefer that no one choose her. If someone really wants to play her we can discuss changing her ability.

Cylon Leaders are not available for selection.

Other than that, we will be using the official FFG rules with clarifications found in the Unofficial FAQ.

Playing Guidelines:

Rules are fairly standard and shamelessly stolen from other mods, particulary ed_hennessy and Flyboy Connor. If this is your first BSG PBF game, please read through at least one of the previous games to get a feeling for how things are done. You can also read more notes on nbergom's geeklist Tips and Tricks of BSG PBF.

d10-1 In order to participate, you must own a copy of the game.

By request of FFG, full card text should not be posted in the thread. If, at some point, you are temporarily away from your cards and need the text to make a decision, send me a GeekMail and I'll get you the relevant information.

d10-2 You are expected to subscribe to this thread and to check in at least twice per day, preferably around 12 hours apart.

There is an expectation that you will not hold the game up for a significant period of time when it is your turn to make an action. If it is your turn to act and it has been more than 12 hours, I will issue a reminder to you. After 36 hours of inactivity, I may make your decision for you. If you are going to be offline for longer stretches of time (and that is totally acceptable), please tell us in the thread (or me by GeekMail), and we can pause the game if necessary. The time requirements will also be relaxed on weekends and holidays.

Do note that if there is active discussion concerning your current turn you will not be rushed.

d10-3 All communication between players must occur in this thread ONLY.

Anything that needs to be communicated privately by me and a player will take place via GeekMail. When sending me a GeekMail, please include the game number, your character name, and a description in the subject line. (Example: "BSG 391: Starbuck - Secret Destiny Use")

d10-4 Follow typical play-by-forum conventions when posting.

This includes always making it clear what character you are speaking as by including an appropriate banner at the top of each post. Banners created by DukeOfEarl et al. are available here (use the "medium" option to display them). If you are mobile, please type your character name, preferably in bold, at the top of your post. Other pictures for adding flavor can be found in this compilation.

Also, be sure to leave regular discussion in a plain font, in-character flavor text in italics, and actions you wish to take in bold. Be especially conscious of the bolding of your actions; I will not execute an action if it isn't bolded.

d10-5 Do not edit your posts.

Please do not go back and edit posts unless you are quickly fixing a typo immediately after posting. Instead, simply make a new post stating what you would have changed. This is to prevent confusion (both for me and your fellow players).

d10-6 Do not quote posts from more than one page back.

The game can get much less fun if some players have perfect memories, so if you are quoting another player it may not be from more than one page back.

d10-7 Respect the secrecy rules.

Battlestar Galactica is a much less interesting game if the secrecy rules are not closely followed. I suggest everyone take a look at the official "Secrecy Clarifications" document, the last page of the Official FAQ.

If you count cards, consider the knowledge that you gain from that as falling under the standard BSG secrecy rules.

d10-8 Don't post any major spoilers from the show.

I know the show ended years ago, but that's no reason to spoil it for anyone who may not have seen it.

Conditional Orders (COs)

1 I ask that you put in COs for pretty much anything you can think of. All COs should be sent to me via GeekMail, and be clearly labeled by having "CO" (and a description of what the CO is for) in the subject line.

2 Do not post public COs under any circumstances; this includes posting bold text when it is not your turn to act.

3 Under many circumstances, I will not wait for interrupts before executing actions. The following is a (non-comprehensive) list of examples of things for which I will not ask for interrupts for (and thus will not have interrupts played on them unless you put in a CO):

Declare Emergency
Strategic Planning or Calculations on Launch Scout unless there is only one raptor remaining.
Strategic Planning or Calculations on attacks by vipers.
Evasive Maneuvers unless the viper is the last ship protecting a civilian.
Strategic Planning, Evasive Maneuvers, or Calculations to help the Cylon cause.

4 I will assume that you have a standing CO to pass on any interrupt that you do not hold in your hand. Players are encouraged to put in COs to pass on interrupts that they are holding but do not intend to play. Any COs to pass on interrupts will be resolved once everyone else has already passed, to minimize the amount of information revealed by these COs.

5 If you have an interrupt-style character ability, then you must put in a CO to use your ability when appropriate. For example, I will not ask if Starbuck wants to use Secret Destiny on every crisis card that is played, but she may put in a CO to pause to let her decide when a crisis card meets certain criteria.

6 Be very clear when writing your COs. If I feel it is ambiguous, I will let you know and will not execute the CO. Feel free to make them as complicated as you like, as long as they are understandable.

This is my first game as a moderator, so while I will try my best, I will probably make mistakes and miss things. If you see something that looks wrong please let me know.

Thread title from one of the many great songs on the Battlestar Galactica soundtrack by Bear McCreary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Invites sent to the following players:
nolemonplease - Declined
ninjamatic3000 - Declined
FredyC - IN
jaynova - IN
personwholives - IN

Alternates:
dickyb
Sudenlumi - Declined
dim2a - Declined
wcboy18 - Declined
Safid

2nd round Alternates:
Ekiler - IN
thenolte
achall615 - Declined
Rushyo
rdonoso - IN

Invites closed!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel K.
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mb
Hey. Thanks for invitation. Count me in. This is my first PBF game, but I have been following some other games for a while now. Hopefully I will not mess up things too much.

I am from Europe, so my availability is driven by CET (GMT+1) timezone.

Let's have some fun !

PS: I would like to note, that I am not native english speaker, so if you don't understand something I have said, ask for clarification please.

Edited to clear timezone info.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Novak
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
Nice and smooth.
badge
Our sentence is up.
mbmbmbmbmb
Jaynova reporting for duty!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Rinehart
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
If enough players don't accept, I'd very gladly like to play!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

DrWhoLoTR wrote:
If enough players don't accept, I'd very gladly like to play!
Thanks for the offer, but I will be inviting more players off the wait list if needed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eldon Lima Da Silva
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Count me in if you have a spot
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Ekiler wrote:
Count me in if you have a spot
Unless all three people who have not responded accept, you will have a spot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kendall Merriman
United States
Santa Clara
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll play been a while.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Hall
United States
Murfreesboro
TN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm actually going to be without internet in late December/early January, so I probably ought to decline. Thanks for the invitation, though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricardo Donoso
Brazil
RIBEIRÃO PRETO
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I´ll play if there is a spot available!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rdonoso wrote:
I´ll play if there is a spot available!

You're in, I'll start setting things up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

OK, first I will determine player order. 1d100 for everyone, players will go in order from highest to lowest.

FredyC 1d100 = (23) = 23
jaynova 1d100 = (74) = 74
personwholives 1d100 = (83) = 83
Ekiler 1d100 = (15) = 15
rdonoso 1d100 = (89) = 89

So player order is:
rdonoso
personwholives
jaynova
FredyC
Ekiler

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 462918. Arkest
  • 1d100 =
  • (23) =
  • FredyC
  • Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:44 pm
  • [+]
  • 462919. Arkest
  • 1d100 =
  • (74) =
  • jaynova
  • [+]
  • 462920. Arkest
  • 1d100 =
  • (83) =
  • personwholives
  • [+]
  • 462921. Arkest
  • 1d100 =
  • (15) =
  • Ekiler
  • Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:45 pm
  • [+]
  • 462922. Arkest
  • 1d100 =
  • (89) =
  • rdonoso
  • Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:45 pm
Jeff
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

rdonoso you are up and you may choose any character.

After you have chosen a character I will refer to you by your character name and gender.

If anyone would like to leave a CO for their character you may do so (see the opening post if you don't know what a CO is).

You may also tell me your starting draw (except for rdonoso who gets a full hand) or you can wait until after you have your loyalty card if you prefer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, a couple things that may help you if you have not played in a PBF game here before:

You can have your GeekMail's forwarded to your regular email by going to http://boardgamegeek.com/geekmail clicking settings on the left menu, and checking the box to do so. This is recommended so if I need to send you a reminder about the game you are more likely to see it.

If you like, you can also have subscription updates sent to your email (make sure you subscribe to the thread!) Go to http://boardgamegeek.com/subscriptions/prefs and change the Notification Type to Email, and the Mail notification frequency to Hourly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricardo Donoso
Brazil
RIBEIRÃO PRETO
Sao Paulo
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll pick the old man.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

rdonoso picks Adama

personwholives is up, you many choose any Political, Pilot or Support character.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kendall Merriman
United States
Santa Clara
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played him in a while, so I think I'll be Tom zarek.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

jaynova is up and may choose any Pilot or Support character.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Novak
United States
Cleveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
Nice and smooth.
badge
Our sentence is up.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll choose Apollo. Hey, dad!

Also, I'd like to take the time to let everyone know that I am not a Cylon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel K.
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mb
I have already sent CO, but since you picked so fast, I can do it right now.

From now on, call me Dee.

Hi Apollo kiss
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Ekiler gets the final choice and may choose any character not already taken.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eldon Lima Da Silva
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Nice to join, i will play Ellen Tigh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Starting Loyalty has been sent out.
I need starting draws from Zarek, Apollo and Dee.

Apollo also needs to choose if he starts in sector 5 or sector 6.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel K.
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
mb

I will draw 1 Leadership, 1 Tactics, 1 Engineering.

Edit:
Before we start, I would like to ask Jeff, if you can for a crisis card post also if it's base game or pegasus. Thing is, I have localized version of BSG and that makes for me harder to find particular card. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [28] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.