Recommend
10 
 Thumb up
 Hide
18 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals

Subject: NOBLE KNIGHT storewide sale (Dead) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Appleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
Noble Knight has everything storewide on sale 10% or more off. From their email:

Hello everyone,

On the first day of snow in Wisconsin this year I'm proud to announce the start of our massive fall sale! This sale is on our *entire* inventory including new games, used games, rare titles, and even clearance titles are at least an additional 10% off. This final sale will be our lowest prices (in general) offered all year long and is on for a limited time only. The sale is always extremely popular, act now before all the best stuff sells out!

Please note prices shown in this update are regular prices, all sale prices are displayed on our website only.

http://www.nobleknight.com/
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: NOBLE KNIGHT storewide sale
Anyone find anything seriously worthwhile?

Site is horribly organized and after 30 minutes of browsing last night I gave up.

Prices are so high to begin with that even many used ones were still more than OLGS every day prices. The few things I did find weren't a deal after the $10 flat rate shipping was added.

If you're after OOP wargames or RPG stuff and willing to play close to original MSRP though there's likely lots of exciting stuff a bit cheaper than usual from them.



5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stetler
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: NOBLE KNIGHT storewide sale
NuMystic wrote:
Anyone find anything seriously worthwhile?

Site is horribly organized and after 30 minutes of browsing last night I gave up.

Prices are so high to begin with that even many used ones were still more than OLGS every day prices. The few things I did find weren't a deal after the $10 flat rate shipping was added.

If you're after OOP wargames or RPG stuff and willing to play close to original MSRP though there's likely lots of exciting stuff a bit cheaper than usual from them.


Yes, their prices aren't the best. And yes, their website is in dire need of an update for ease of use.

But their service is top notch, they do stock some less commonly available gaming items (not, sadly, less common imports), and they do have a modest selection of OOP items without the Troll and Toad level price gouge.

Basically they don't really fit the same niche as most online game stores, and they seem comfortable with that model. They're not my go to first sight, but I've made orders for things the usual suspects have sold out on or never carried. I have concerns on how long their business model will persist in the modern age of online sellers, but I do appreciate the options their business model provides and wish them success for it.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: NOBLE KNIGHT storewide sale
No doubt. Simply couldn't find anything I needed personally at the moment, but an online site specializing in OOP items is absolutely a welcome thing.

I just haven't yet found an item there I couldn't get for less in the marketplace here or via eBay.

I certainly wish them well, but share your questions about their longevity if they don't stay competitive with the other online channels that are the mainstay of the rarity hunters who seem to be their target audience.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: NOBLE KNIGHT storewide sale
If you paint or are looking for stuff besides games, NK has a wide selection. Also, I found their text catalog easier to use, since it allows searching: http://www.nobleknight.com/NKGInventory.txt
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: NOBLE KNIGHT storewide sale
The prices and shipping aren't great. The one reason I buy from them is that they sometimes have OOP items you can't find elsewhere.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Duncan
United States
Bloomington
IN
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: NOBLE KNIGHT storewide sale
Yeah, skipping this. I've picked up a few things from them but they are so, so overpriced. I used to stop in their storefront in Janesville, WI every so often when I was coming through the area and was bummed to see last summer that they were phasing that out in favor of even more online sales. They seem to be collectors rather than competitive retailers; I can find almost everything I want from eBay or other places for 20%-30% their listed prices.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
"This is a really weird game, and you’ll find that most people will not want to play this."
Avatar
mb
Re: NOBLE KNIGHT storewide sale
Thunkd wrote:
The prices and shipping aren't great. The one reason I buy from them is that they sometimes have OOP items you can't find elsewhere.
+1.
If I absolutely, positively can't find it anywhere else, then I may look at Noble Knight.
I'm not sure I've ever found anything there I would call a "deal," but maybe I just don't typically shop their core products.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: NOBLE KNIGHT storewide sale
Hey Noble Knight.....

Thanks for the sale
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Giant
United States
Sitka
AK
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: NOBLE KNIGHT storewide sale
I've found out of print MtG items on the site for below MSRP that were definitely a "deal" by modern prices. Like most have said the NK does have great service.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
United States
Unspecified
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: NOBLE KNIGHT storewide sale
In my experience they're the Gamestop of tabletop gaming. Overpriced pawn shop.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Bailey
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: NOBLE KNIGHT storewide sale
I've bought an OOP Munchkin booster from them (Waiting for Santa, I believe) that was right around MSRP and way cheaper than any place else. Was a little skeptical about buying cards in a ziplock bag, but I'm glad I took the chance - the cards were in perfect condition, and as everyone else has said the service was great. They may not have great prices on new games, but that's obviously not their bread and butter, and they have an awesome selection of OOP stuff.

I'll definitely peruse the site to see if anything on sale tickles my fancy.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Tanner
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
BryceCon Game Convention Jan 15-18 in Southern Utah www.brycecon.com
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: NOBLE KNIGHT storewide sale
I've always found good deals there, even during non-sale times. Several times found out of print items that I couldn't find anywhere else, and at reasonable prices. While there's some shipping involved, it's not too pricy, and when the items are 20-45% off, it's competitive with many other online sites. As to finding things on their site, it's not the easiest, but not the worst. Many of the other online sites I've been to are harder to find things on, but that could be that I'm used to NK. If you know the type of game (board, card, miniature, roleplaying) and the company that produces it, it's not difficult at all.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Thunkd
United States
Florence
MA
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: NOBLE KNIGHT storewide sale
I found a copy of Buccaneer there, which I couldn't find anywhere else. The price was very good, but not great after you factor in shipping.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Zoglmann
United States
Newnan
GA
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: NOBLE KNIGHT storewide sale
Wow a site that actually has some Legend of the 5 Rings in stock!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: NOBLE KNIGHT storewide sale
MilesF wrote:
If you know the type of game (board, card, miniature, roleplaying) and the company that produces it, it's not difficult at all.


Well sure, if you know what you want exactly there's even a search box.

But it's virtually impossible to meaningfully browse those things specifically discounted during a sale like this.

When every other OLGS sends out a sale email, if you click on it you get taken to a dedicated sale page showing all the items on sale that you can filter further by category.

If you select the sale section here you get a page a mile long just displaying hundreds and hundreds of publishers.

I'm a huge deal junkie that can't bear the thought of missing something I might have wanted so I soldiered on and drilled through that damn list for over 30 minutes before I finally gave up in frustration. Half the stuff on that list leads to dead pages with no inventory.

Even browsing FRP and Toys for Thought sales is easier than this, and that's saying something because their sites suuuuuuck.

tehzmann wrote:
Wow a site that actually has some Legend of the 5 Rings in stock!


CoolStuffInc has a bunch of L5R stuff including a bunch on sale. Click Shop By Game > Sales > Collectible Card Games > Legend of the Five Rings

Miniature Market has some too.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Tanner
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
BryceCon Game Convention Jan 15-18 in Southern Utah www.brycecon.com
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: NOBLE KNIGHT storewide sale
NuMystic wrote:
MilesF wrote:
If you know the type of game (board, card, miniature, roleplaying) and the company that produces it, it's not difficult at all.


Well sure, if you know what you want exactly there's even a search box.

But it's virtually impossible to meaningfully browse those things specifically discounted during a sale like this.

When every other OLGS sends out a sale email, if you click on it you get taken to a dedicated sale page showing all the items on sale that you can filter further by category.

If you select the sale section here you get a page a mile long just displaying hundreds and hundreds of publishers.

I'm a huge deal junkie that can't bear the thought of missing something I might have wanted so I soldiered on and drilled through that damn list for over 30 minutes before I finally gave up in frustration. Half the stuff on that list leads to dead pages with no inventory.


I can understand that. Part of the snag in this case is that with this sale, everything in their inventory is discounted. So a link to a sale page would obviously have to include every product they have. It does take a bit more looking because of that. At other sale times, I've seen links to lead you to 'all items 30% or more off' and that sort of thing. Even still, you have to know the company or game system to be able to find something without browsing through a lot of pages.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: NOBLE KNIGHT storewide sale
MilesF wrote:
Even still, you have to know the company or game system to be able to find something without browsing through a lot of pages.


That's the part that's ass backwards. Even if there was a link for everything 40% or more off, you've still got to click through to every single friggin' item to see what the actual price is which is just plain ridiculous.

Dumbest online catalog organization system I've ever had to deal with. PLUS half those pages are empty inventory placeholders.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.