Park City
Kansas
flag msg tools
publisher
http://www.eggrules.com/games/games-d-l/gallerist-the/
badge
US Sales Manager for Eagle-Gryphon Games
mbmbmbmbmb
I was invited to a new event called Super Nerd Nights at a local bar and grill in Wichita to set up and demo some games. I brought a small selection from the Gryphon Bookshelf series of games because they are fun, easy to teach, and are perfect little filler games to introduce people into the hobby.

The last game played was High Society, finishing out a fun Knizia filled game night! High Society is an auction game, where you try to acquire items of great wealth, while also avoiding items that can cause you to lose wealth. The trick here is money management, because at the end of the game, if you are the poorest player you automatically lose even if you have the most points.

This time I was joined by Michelle, Priscilla, and Bob. Priscilla and Bob had stopped by to watch the ending of Masters Gallery and wanted to join in on the fun for the next game.

The auction started off with a high value 7 item and Michelle winning the high bid for it, but at a cost of a few million. Soon after the first red card showed up, a 2x, which Priscilla got. Bob had yet to score any wins, but by the time the 9 card showed up, he spent a lot of money to acquire it.

I was only able to win one auction before the fourth red card appeared and instantly ended the game. Bob ended up being the poorest player and he lost. I had 5 points, and Michelle and Priscilla both had 10 points each. Priscilla won with the tie breaker of most money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.