Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
19 Posts

Hive» Forums » General

Subject: Hive Puzzle #2 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tsai image13
Taiwan
flag msg tools
Avatar
Update:I change the original bad puzzle.

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Griese
msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice, this time the pieces are numbered so we can reply in Hive notation. Perfect.thumbsup

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarek Szczepanik
Norway
Oslo
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Image13, maybe you could create a geeklist with Hive puzzles? In order to make the answers shorter, participants should use boardspace notation (I recommend explaining it at the beinning). You could also give some hints by creating polls.

Last but not least, thanks. Many of us can get better because of your puzzles.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Griese
msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Svartisen wrote:
You could also give some hints by creating polls.


Place Hints in "spoiler" tags, so those who want to try without first don't get their fun... spoiled.

I second Svartisen's suggestion:

1- Create a Geeklist (if you don't know how, ask).
2- Only accept answers in Hive notation

I will post something about Hive notation later today, so nobody has the excuse of not knowing how it works.

Finally, thanks. As Svartisen points out, puzzles are very usefull in learning the game.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Griese
msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I see something like
bA1 wB1-
bG2 bA2-

Now bB1 is free to move and can climb on the white queen bee.

The black queen bee is under pressure though, so it might not be fast enough to crawl down with the beetle...

This is a surprise

What's a like ? laugh

Good idea to rate them by difficulty.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tsai image13
Taiwan
flag msg tools
Avatar
linael wrote:

1- Create a Geeklist (if you don't know how, ask).

You really understand me!

linael wrote:

This is a
What's a like ?


I don't know,but I will try to make one.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarek Szczepanik
Norway
Oslo
Oslo
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
linael is right. Don't hesitate to ask for help with the geeklist Tsai. I have a blueprint for creating polls inside posts. Usually, if you google BGG geek lists or BGG polls, you can find some guides explaining what you should do.

As for the puzzle itself, I can't plan in Hive more than 3 turns ahead

But I will gladly wait for the correct answer.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Brendel
United States
Dunwoody
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I see a sequence that I don't think White can respond to, but maybe I'm missing something.

Spoiler (click to reveal)

bA1 \wS1
bG1 wQ\
bG2 \wQ





Yes?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tsai image13
Taiwan
flag msg tools
Avatar
Squidd,Bingo!!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bohm
United States
Appleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Avatar
Now see, I like this one better since it has an actual solution. No options for white = puzzle (although, very simple)

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Sperling

Brisbane
Australia
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not sure about the solution from Squidd and Image. After Black's first move (bA1 \wS1), White could activate Ant A3 and form a circle which sets Hopper wG1 free. Black can't open the circle, so Hopper wG1 can escape. Therefore I doubt that Black can win in 3 moves.

Maybe I am overlooking something since it is already after midnight. - Please let me know.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Griese
msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Eucalyx wrote:
I am not sure about the solution from Squidd and Image. After Black's first move (bA1 \wS1), White could activate Ant A3 and form a circle which sets Hopper wG1 free. Black can't open the circle, so Hopper wG1 can escape. Therefore I doubt that Black can win in 3 moves.


That would be wA3 bB2\ and black can't prevent wG1 from hopping out on the next turn... nice !
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tsai image13
Taiwan
flag msg tools
Avatar
Eucalyx wrote:
I am not sure about the solution from Squidd and Image. After Black's first move (bA1 \wS1), White could activate Ant A3 and form a circle which sets Hopper wG1 free. Black can't open the circle, so Hopper wG1 can escape. Therefore I doubt that Black can win in 3 moves.

Maybe I am overlooking something since it is already after midnight. - Please let me know.


You are right,so it's difficult to design a perfect puzzle!!
maybe my original puzzle should change the position of WS1 and WA3!!
I have fixed it!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bohm
United States
Appleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Avatar
image13 wrote:
Update:I change the original bad puzzle.




Hint: (If you want to solve by yourself,don't read it )
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Black can win in 3 moves!



image13 wrote:
Eucalyx wrote:
I am not sure about the solution from Squidd and Image. After Black's first move (bA1 \wS1), White could activate Ant A3 and form a circle which sets Hopper wG1 free. Black can't open the circle, so Hopper wG1 can escape. Therefore I doubt that Black can win in 3 moves.

Maybe I am overlooking something since it is already after midnight. - Please let me know.


You are right,so it's difficult to design a perfect puzzle!!
maybe my original puzzle should change the position of WS1 and WA3!!
I have fixed it!


You guys are crazy, this puzzle works fine (unless the picture above was changed).

Slide the Black ant over to bS1. This prevents the white ant from escaping and frees the black grasshopper. Any attempt to complete the left circuit to try and free the white grasshopper will simultaneously free the black beetle resulting in death.

But yes, if white had another ant this would be similar to problem #1 in that white has a way out.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willi Van Bogaert
Belgium
Gent
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Never Knows Best wrote:
image13 wrote:
Update:I change the original bad puzzle.
(...)



image13 wrote:
Eucalyx wrote:
(...)


(...)
maybe my original puzzle should change the position of WS1 and WA3!!
I have fixed it!


You guys are crazy, this puzzle works fine (unless the picture above was changed).

As you have quoted yourself, the picture was changed. There used to be an extra free white ant.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mil Myman
United States
Fountain Valley
California
flag msg tools
Why is there no Word Games Forum or Subdomain?
badge
There should be a Word Games Subdomain, or at least a Word Games Forum!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Never Knows Best wrote:
Slide the Black ant over to bS1. This prevents the white ant from escaping and frees the black grasshopper. Any attempt to complete the left circuit to try and free the white grasshopper will simultaneously free the black beetle resulting in death.

But yes, if white had another ant this would be similar to problem #1 in that white has a way out.

I may be missing something but after bA1 bG1/, white can respond with wG2 /bA3. Then black's bG1 \wQ (threatening bG2 wQ\ mate) is countered with wA2 bQ/. Now bG2 can't hop in for the kill, and white threatens wA1 /bQ mate.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tsai image13
Taiwan
flag msg tools
Avatar
Phil Fleischmann wrote:

I may be missing something but after bA1 bG1/, white can respond with wG2 /bA3. Then black's bG1 \wQ (threatening bG2 wQ\ mate) is countered with wA2 bQ/. Now bG2 can't hop in for the kill, and white threatens wA1 /bQ mate.

Good!
Maybe you find another error of me.
I now go to jog and have no much time thinking ,
but if you jump your G1,

black will:
bG2 bA2-
bS1 bA1-
bG1 WQ\
bG2 \bS1

Try it,and correct me if I made a mistake again!!

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bohm
United States
Appleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Avatar
image13 wrote:
Phil Fleischmann wrote:

I may be missing something but after bA1 bG1/, white can respond with wG2 /bA3. Then black's bG1 \wQ (threatening bG2 wQ\ mate) is countered with wA2 bQ/. Now bG2 can't hop in for the kill, and white threatens wA1 /bQ mate.

Good!
Maybe you find another error of me.
I now go to jog and have no much time thinking ,
but if you jump your G1,

black will:
bG2 bA2-
bS1 bA1-
bG1 WQ\
bG2 \bS1

Try it,and correct me if I made a mistake again!!



Of all those, I'm not sure bG2 \bS1 is possible (how does the grasshopper get to the black spider??)

And these moves don't set up a win yet, white queen still has a spot open.

Meanwhile, white will capture black queen in 5 with wG3, wS1&2, wB2 if left uncontested.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tsai image13
Taiwan
flag msg tools
Avatar
Never Knows Best wrote:

Of all those, I'm not sure bG2 \bS1 is possible (how does the grasshopper get to the black spider??)

And these moves don't set up a win yet, white queen still has a spot open.

Meanwhile, white will capture black queen in 5 with wG3, wS1&2, wB2 if left uncontested.


I already move my spider next to my ant at step2,why my G2 cannot move there?
You can try by yourself.
why I didn't write the white's move?
because White can only respond black's move!

And why I didn't write the six move of black?
Because the choice of white is resign!!
Black won't need to move.

If you cannot understand ,read it!
Spoiler (click to reveal)


First situation:
bA1 bG1/ if white didn't move the wG2,black will win after 2 moves!


Second situation we discussed:
bA1 bG1/ wG2 /bA3
bG2 bA2- wB1 bB1(White must cover black beetle)
bS1 bA1- White moves any bugs but not the ant.
bG1 wQ\ White now need to pin my black ant.
bG2 \bS1 white resign!!


 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.