Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Max Coffey
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Intense gamer has 300 wargames which can be played together with you!

Mostly WWII, Modern era. Games from Avalon Hill, MMP, GMT and many others.

Check out my collections and if you see something you would like to try, give me a shout!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff C
Canada
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Huzah! Check my collection perhaps, yours is massive....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Train
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Also here in Victoria.
Interest in mostly modern, and especially "irregular warfare" topics.
Designer who is always looking for playtesters, if you like unusual topics.

Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JR
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Memento ferrugo
badge
Memento ferrugo
mbmbmbmbmb
Just throwing it out there, I've got an Avalon Hill classic that could use some players if anyone's interested. It's a different kind of warfare being simulated, indeed, but no less cut-throat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Coffey
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ltmurnau wrote:
Also here in Victoria.

Brian

I am lacking in fellow players, but I am up for some play testing. I was on a team that playtested Tunisia. Big fan of OCS.

Modern stuff I am interested in is post-Vietnam, Third World War, and irregular warfare topics. Regular reader of Dunnigan's Strategy Page website. Use to write for Esprit de Corps Canadian Military magazine, specializing in Background.

I have a "bunker" set up with my games and books and computer, so I can host games and leave them setup for a while. I would love to host any gamers who are in the area. Give me a shout.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff C
Canada
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm mostly interested in ancients, medieval, and ww2. Maybe sci fi. Primarily in strategic level wargames without hexes and small counters (point to point or area movement, cdg type games preferred), although I had alot of fun with C&CA and will invest in that game.

That said, Game of Thrones/Fire & Axe/In the shadow of emperor are my favorite hybrid games and I have been playing some more mainstream stuff with a local group as well. Its hard to find conflict gamers.

pm me if our interests match at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Train
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Max,
you may be interested to take a look at my game design blog at
http://brtrain.wordpress.com
and
http://brtrain.wordpress.com/personal-ludography/
which is a list of things I have designed - anything not yet published is playtested but could always benefit from more.
Let me know of any designs that interest you.

Thanks,

Brian

Septic wrote:
ltmurnau wrote:
Also here in Victoria.

Brian

I am lacking in fellow players, but I am up for some play testing. I was on a team that playtested Tunisia. Big fan of OCS.

Modern stuff I am interested in is post-Vietnam, Third World War, and irregular warfare topics. Regular reader of Dunnigan's Strategy Page website. Use to write for Esprit de Corps Canadian Military magazine, specializing in Background.

I have a "bunker" set up with my games and books and computer, so I can host games and leave them setup for a while. I would love to host any gamers who are in the area. Give me a shout.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Schneider
Canada
Stittsville
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Max, just noticing your post now. Our gaming interests definitely overlap,

I'm away until begin Feb, maybe we can meetup sometime then? I am very much

looking for someone who's into ETO WW2 and more modern war gaming.

Cheers,

Byrne
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Schneider
Canada
Stittsville
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I should add for my modern games, I also find it hard to find F2F players.

Games I own that come to mind are Next War: Korea the COIN series:A Distant Plain and Andean Abyss and BCT Command: Kandahar among others that need some F2F time.

Also, I am interested in ANY World War Three, hypothetical, insurgency or post-apocalyptic wargame!

For lighter gaming I have LnL World At War series which I very much enjoy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Train
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Byrne, Happy New Year... glad to see you picked up BCT Command: Kandahar as well as the COIN games.

Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Schneider
Canada
Stittsville
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Brian, Happy New Year to you as well! At the risk of derailing this, I'd like to say I am quite interested in your work and collaborations! All very interesting thematically to me.

Now to find a "willing foe and sea room", as the old Naval Toast goes.

If you happen to know of play testers looking for an additional body in the area, my schedule this year should be more stable for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff C
Canada
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
von wildensee wrote:

... my schedule this year should be more stable for me.

Get back here and stop being such a tease already.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Schneider
Canada
Stittsville
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Talonz wrote:
von wildensee wrote:

... my schedule this year should be more stable for me.

Get back here and stop being such a tease already.

Heh heh, I know. We definitely have to get together for Fire & Axe: A Viking Saga again, or give Empires of the Middle Ages a spin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff C
Canada
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Both and more, my bg and wg library is growing. I really want to start growing a wargame group locally as wargamers seem the hardest to find.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Train
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The University of Victoria games club has been meeting every Sunday in the D wing of the Clearihue building for as long as I can remember - I used to go there when I was in high school, over 30 years ago.
There used to be a lot of wargames and wargame players; there even used to be a cupboard full of club-owned wargames for people to play.
Nowadays it seems to be limited to some miniatures play and card-based games.
No reason why this place and time couldn't be a magnet for revitalising some wargame playing.

Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff C
Canada
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I used to play miniatures up there, and they still have a core group that plays assorted miniatures there, but thats not really my thing right now. And sunday afternoon has been awkward, with my son playing hockey right around/before lunch at that time.

Im thinking of something wed nights at interactivity perhaps.

Did you go to that game designers meetup brian? How was that if so?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Train
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, there was some designer's meetup at Inteactivity?
I forgot about that, or never bothered.
No offense meant or taken, but as supportive of games as Interactivity has been/continues to be, personally I've found Jack dismissive of wargames, at least the hardcore ones.
They don't sell well and few people play them, so why should he be...man's got to stay in business and it's not his personal bag anyway, I guess.

Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff C
Canada
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No I agree, his selection is weak, but I dont blame him either, the mainstream gamers arent wargamers so the market will reflect that. But its the only decent public gaming place with room to spare. We could take a back corner and do whatever we want for $5 ea. and never be bothered by magic players and the like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Coffey
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Guyz!! Just a little poke to remind you all we are still here. Anyone up for Breaking the Chains: War in the South China Sea? Pretty good rule book that starts with an expanded example of play.

Have game room, will host. Have Scotch, will share. Free pretty much any day but for Friday night when we play D&D4e.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff C
Canada
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Still here, but also still with wife, kids, and shift work. However something in the 24-27 nearly anytime could work as I am off. Not a modern fan however. East Front, EE or Hellenes would be my 2 player of choice right now.

Id like to get a group together for multiplayer cdgs on an occasional sat or wed night as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Schneider
Canada
Stittsville
ON
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Max, just finally getting settled back down after my extended hiatus. I would be up for some game, I'm a sucker for all modern era war games. Geekmail me, maybe we can set something up.
Next week I will be avail Mon to Wed night as well if we want.
Byrne

Edit: I should add you had me at Scotch, sir!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Coffey
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Dudes!

Check your Geek mail... This is turning out great. Hope that others can hook up as well. Maybe more new people at my place will encourage my wife to let me buy new chairs
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cowling
Canada
Salmon Arm
BC
flag msg tools
badge
I think I'm in the headspace to convert some of my library into food and gas.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm surprised that no store in Victoria carries any wargames per se nor supports the hobby. While wargaming has died down in a big way over the last 20 years, Victoria has the greatest density of game stores of any large city in Canada. One would think that one of them could figure out how to turn that niche into a few bucks.

PS to Geoff: I almost miss your Romulan cloaking shenanigans. Almost. ;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff C
Canada
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
solidonelove wrote:

PS to Geoff: I almost miss your Romulan cloaking shenanigans. Almost. ;-)

Havn't played SFB in about a dozen years, but still have it all. I'd play again if it was something different, a oneshot with a bunch of minis in a team game perhaps or some other scenario.

Weapons status III!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"L'état, c'est moi."
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Roger's Reviews: check out my reviews page, right here on BGG!
badge
Caution: May contain wargame like substance
mbmbmbmbmb
The problem with wargames is that the proportion of players is small compared to Euros. It's like the orders of magnitude go wargamers, Euro, Monopoly. And wargamers are a highly fractured bunch - they all want to play their favourite game and favourite era. So it's much harder to get a game to the table. I should know, I'm one of those crusty old grognards... whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.