Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dennis Quearry
United States
Saint Petersburg
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Theoden; 2W/3A/2D/4H Tactics Hero Rohan, Noble, Warrior. Sentinel. Each hero with a printed Tactics resource icon gets +1 Willpower.

Pelargir Ship Captain; 2 Cost 1W/1A/0D/2H Leadership Ally Gondor. Response: After Pelargir Ship Captain enters play, move 1 resource from the resource pool of a hero you control to another hero's resource pool.

Visionary Leadership; 2 cost Unique Leadership Attachment. Skill. Attach to a Gondor hero. While attached hero has at least 1 resource in its resource pool, Gondor characters get +1 Willpower.

Spear of the Mark; 1 cost Tactics Attachment. Item. Weapon. Attach to a Rohan character. Restricted. Attached character gets +1A. (+2A instead if attacking an enemy in the staging area.)

Forth Eorlingas!; 2 cost Tactics Event. Combat Action: Each Rohan hero can be declared as an attacker against enemies in the staging area this phase.

Steed of the Mark; 1 cost Spirit Attachment. Mount. Attach to a Gondor or Rohan hero. Response: After attached hero commits to a quest, spend 1 resource from attached hero's resource pool to ready attached hero.

Lay of Nimrodel; 1 cost Spirit Event. Song. Action: Choose a Spirit hero. Until the end of the phase, that hero gets +1 Willpower for each resource in its resource pool.

Ered Nimrais Prospector; 2 cost 1W/0A/1D/2H Lore Ally. Dwarf. Response: After Ered Nimrais Prospector enters play, discard the top 3 cards of your deck. Then, choose and shuffle 1 card from your discard pile back into your deck.

Scroll of Isildur; 4 cost Unique Lore attachment. Record. Attach to a Lore hero. Reduce the cost to play Scroll of Isildur by 1 for each hero you control with a printed Lore resource icon. Action: Discard Scroll of Isildur to play any Lore event card in your discard pile as it it were in your hand. Then, place that event on the bottom of your deck.

Hidden Cache; 0 Cost non-sphere Event. Response: After Hidden Cache is discarded from your deck, add 2 resources to the resource pool of a hero you control. Action: Spend 1 resource to draw 1 card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendon Russell
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for posting these!

My initial impression is that this is a pretty solid pack. Good options for a bunch of different decks.

A strategy built around discarding cards from your own deck? I like where this is going.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ys jo
msg tools
Hidden cache does not justify including emrys to my deck yet, but it is a start.

Very interesting as rohan traits will continue what Dunhere started. I hope this mechanic works out... I'm still not entirely sold on Great Yew Bow and would hate to see Forth Eorlingas become used as infrequently as Ride to Ruins.
... and Hama seems to be getting stronger and stronger.

Wonder if Visionary Leader is enough to give Gondor edge it needed to be viable solo deck. I hppe it does, main reason my Gondor deck didn't work wasdue to their low willpower.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oleg volobujev
msg tools
mbmb
Spear of the mark and dagger from Assault on OSgiliath make Dunhere very powerful against staging area.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oleg volobujev
msg tools
mbmb
Glaurung2 wrote:
Spear of the mark and dagger from Assault on OSgiliath make Dunhere very powerful against staging area.

Ups i mean dagger from Black Rider.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Leoniak
United States
Marlboro
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Visionary leadership should give Gondor what they needed, all my Attempts at gondor decks lacked in willpower.

The spear and the dagger are essentially the same thing for Dunhere. If he is attacking the staging area it is most likely the enemy has lower threat , so either way he will be getting +2 attack with one of these weapons. And 7 attack if he has any combination of the 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Lehotai
Slovakia
Piešťany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some enemies may return to the staging area, due to for example shadow efect or someone played Light in the Dark, or how is it called. In that case the spear may be more useful. Not to mention the target could be an enemy with low engagement treshold, but it has a trap attached to it (Ranger Spikes?).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jakub praibis
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmb
ellareth wrote:
Hidden cache does not justify including emrys to my deck yet, but it is a start.

Seriously? I find Emery obvious choice for mono-Spirit. Who would not want a free ally with 1 will, 1 att, 2 def, 3 hp? Even possibly to help the other player, too... I find it to be among the most powerful cards in the whole set... The fact you "lose" three cards means little, I do not think I have ever gone through the entire deck in a mono-Spirit... the effect is actually beneficial as it gives you a chance to recycle the cards...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jakub praibis
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmb
Vladimir17 wrote:
Some enemies may return to the staging area, due to for example shadow efect or someone played Light in the Dark, or how is it called. In that case the spear may be more useful. Not to mention the target could be an enemy with low engagement treshold, but it has a trap attached to it (Ranger Spikes?).

Or using Quick Strike or Hands Upon the Bow (once we get ranged Rohan characters), obviously.

I agree Dagger and Spear are similar, but different enough to justify card slots for both.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mighty Rauros
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vidarim wrote:
Ered Nimrais Prospector; 2 cost 1W/0A/1D/2H Lore Ally. Dwarf. Response: After Ered Nimrais Prospector enters play, discard the top 3 cards of your deck. Then, choose and shuffle 1 card from your discard pile back into your deck.

Look forward to making dwarf decks even more unstoppable!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Lehotai
Slovakia
Piešťany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jpraibis wrote:

Or using Quick Strike or Hands Upon the Bow (once we get ranged Rohan characters), obviously.

We have one already. And should you need more of them, you can make them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jakub praibis
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmb
You are right, Horseback Archer has never been my favourite so he had completely slipped my mind. He is also not a very good candidate for Hands Upon the Bow. Still, the more options the better, and I am sure they will soon grow in number.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel B-G
United Kingdom
Leeds
W Yorks
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can I make a small point about Forth Eorlingas? Hama is Rohan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Lent
United States
Novato
California
flag msg tools
badge
DEFINITELY A GOOD GUY, GUYS
mbmbmbmbmb
Now I can't wait to see the other hero from VoI. Hopefully Rohan Spirit, then you could get two mono-sphere decks that are cohesive and thematic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beano
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! Very strong set, every card has promise. For the first time in a long time, I actually want to try building around Gondor and/or Rohan. (No, Outlands never felt like it really counted . . .)

Forth Eorlingas raises questions for me. Can multiple Rohan heroes attack the same enemy in the staging area together? I am figuring yes based on my read.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
compton9890 wrote:
Wow! Very strong set, every card has promise. For the first time in a long time, I actually want to try building around Gondor and/or Rohan. (No, Outlands never felt like it really counted . . .)

Forth Eorlingas raises questions for me. Can multiple Rohan heroes attack the same enemy in the staging area together? I am figuring yes based on my read.

I'd say yes. previous staging attack options each just enabled this for one guy, and usually even mentioned that this singleness prevents combinations (like, even if you play 2 cards to enable 2 guys to).

This just blanked opens targeting options for everyone (affected), so I would assume within these opened options, standard rules apply.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jakub praibis
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmb
I think it is safe to say the Rohan heroes can join in the attack, even if they are controlled by different players - I imagine Ithilien Pit kind of effect. But Dúnhere would lose his bonus if he joined, though he is clearly not meant for that card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jakub praibis
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmb
mistertrench wrote:
Now I can't wait to see the other hero from VoI. Hopefully Rohan Spirit, then you could get two mono-sphere decks that are cohesive and thematic.

I am afraid they will not push mono-sphere further, at least not with the next cycle.

And I hope the other hero is an Elf.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Bielefeld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm totally sure Hidden Cache will get an errata sometime in the future: potentially unlimited card draw is so open for abuse it hurts. Every deck with Steward of Gondor has piled up enormous surplus resources after mid-game. 7 cards for 7 resources is an amazing boost for any turbo deck. Hidden cache will also fuel decks based on the "Love for tales" engine...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jakub praibis
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmb
Shelfwear wrote:
I'm totally sure Hidden Cache will get an errata sometime in the future: potentially unlimited card draw is so open for abuse it hurts. Every deck with Steward of Gondor has piled up enormous surplus resources after mid-game. 7 cards for 7 resources is an amazing boost for any turbo deck. Hidden cache will also fuel decks based on the "Love for tales" engine...

But you only get to draw 1 card for 1 resource, it is not X cards for X resources.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Bielefeld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You sure about that? It follows the pattern of Protector of Lorien or Bifur, only that these two cards have a built in limit. As far as I know you can trigger an action as often as you meet/pay the activation requirement unless its restricted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
Shelfwear wrote:
You sure about that? It follows the pattern of Protector of Lorien or Bifur, only that these two cards have a built in limit. As far as I know you can trigger an action as often as you meet/pay the activation requirement unless its restricted.

Actions on events only trigger once.
Imagine you could trigger the action on e.g. Astonishing Speed multiple times...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel B-G
United Kingdom
Leeds
W Yorks
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But it's an event action. You generally can't activate event actions more than once.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Bielefeld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess you're right. But if I have unterstood the card wrong other might do it as well. The "pay 1 to do 1" put me on the wrong path.

and btw, it would make Astonishing Speed worthwhile to play

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jakub praibis
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmb
I wasn't sure at first myself, and it may indeed cause problems for some players, but indeed, you cannot trigger an action on an event more than once. If the designers wanted the ability to go the other way, they could simple say "pay X to draw X."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.