Spartacus: A Game of Blood & Treachery» Forums » Variants

Subject: FREE FOR ALL!!!! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anthony Hall
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
When me and my friends play, we've decided to do a sort of free-for-all during the intrigue phase. So instead of taking turns we just throw out whatever we want to play at any time. It makes the game go faster and eliminates the advantage of going last during the intrigue phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hatt
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
But why would you want to eliminate that advantage? The person who goes last gets an advantage because the person beside them was host. The person who was host gets the disadvantage of going first, because they got all of the bonuses of being host. Playing this way, you could just hold your good cards until the end of the phase and play them when it's most convenient, eliminating any strategy that existed. Now the host would have a huge advantage, and no disadvantage to balance it out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Sequeira
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I always played the game like this!

First few times I played that is how the rules were explained to me eheh. It just makes getting host more valuable, but I actually think its more fair for everyone.

Lets say the guy to your left likes to get host a lot, that means you get penalized by going second all the time, while the guy to his right always goes last.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.