Wargames» Forums » General

Subject: Stalingrad - Maps of Battles, Resources for Scenario Design rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Manning
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
What are the best sources to find detailed battle maps of the various smaller battles (Grain Elevator, Tractor Factory, Tennis Racquet, M. Hill, etc.)? I am looking for troop positions, movements, dates of front lines, etc. I have a WWII Atlas and it has some good maps but not specific enough. I am developing some scenarios for a WWII board game called Memoir 44. Any help is greatly appreciated!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Von Ahnen
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Stalingrad - Maps of Battles, Resources for Scenario Des
The classic book (later a movie) on this subject is "Enemy at the Gates". The movie is good, but the book probably has more info.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim C
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Stalingrad - Maps of Battles, Resources for Scenario Des
Here's a site that shows the various stages of the battle, from the initial German advance to the . I think map 11 might be the only one that gets close to the scale you're looking for:

http://users.pandora.be/stalingrad/maps/map_index.htm

For a book, I'd recommend Anthony Beevor's Stalingrad: The Fateful Siege, 1942-1943, although this one is light on maps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.