Subject: questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Knauseder
Austria
Lochen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. I am not sure when you are allowed to play cards and use abilities. The rules say that you can play cards and use abilities at the start of a fight and before each subsequent fight round. In the next paragraph the rules suggest that you are allowed to play them at any point during the Fight. (rulebook p. 16)

2. Does the Shadow Track move one step closer to darkness if an Evil Elder is killed?

3. Can you play event cards at any time during the game or only during your own turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken H.
United States
Amherst
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sheepdog1 wrote:
1. I am not sure when you are allowed to play cards and use abilities.

That's pretty hard to answer. Can you say which abilities you are referring to? Some can only play during a fight, some can only play NOT during a fight, some are played on your turn, etc. If the ability or card text doesn't say, then you can usually assume it can be played at any time.

One general rule for all Flying Frog games is that you don't have to guess whether you will need a card -- they let you roll dice first, and afterwards if you decide you need more dice, you can then play a card. There is one exception: a card that cancels another card has to be played before the second card causes dice to be rolled.

Quote:
2. Does the Shadow Track move one step closer to darkness if an Evil Elder is killed?

The Shadow Track does not move when an Evil Elder is killed. See the designer's post here: An Evil Elder is no longer considered a Town Elder.

By the way, the rule for Town Elders is that the shadow track goes down by TWO when they die, not one.

Quote:
3. Can you play event cards at any time during the game or only during your own turn?

If the Event says to play it "as an action", then that means you can only play it on your turn during your actions (which is after you move/linger). If it doesn't say "action" on the Event, then you can play it on anybody's turn or during the Mystery phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Knauseder
Austria
Lochen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much for the quick reply. I cannot refer to any specific cards or abilities, as I've only read the rules so far. I'll be getting the game for Christmas from my girlfriend. I assume some things will become clear as soon as I've seen the cards. Thanks again for the detailed answers. I guess everything's clear for now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin S
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sheepdog1 wrote:
I'll be getting the game for Christmas from my girlfriend.

If you're getting ATOE for a great Christmas I would suggest downloading the free Volgovian Nutcracker web Villian from FFP.

http://www.flyingfrog.net/atouchofevil/pdf%5CVillain_Volgovi...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.