Popular Tags: asljr_rsp [+] [View All]
Suns Anvil
Canada
Fredericton
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
At the very end of 3.3:

"A unit can ordinarily be attacked by Residual FP only once per location; MF expended simultaneously (e.g. two MF to enter a building) do not cause multiple Residual FP attacks. A unit can be attacked by Residual FP again in the same location if the unit expends additional MF in that location and by so doing the unit is subject to more negative DRM or less positive DRM."

I dont grok that last sentence. Can someone give me an example of a MF expenditure which would apply?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eoin Corrigan
Ireland
Wexford
Wexford
flag msg tools
designer
ASL Fanatic
badge
Royal Dublin Fusiliers "Spectamur Agendo"
mbmbmbmbmb
For instance, a personnel unit enters a location as a passenger of a halftrack, crew and passengers exposed. A rfp attack is made against the passengers and crew at +2. Then the passengers unload, as a non assault move. The modifiers are +1 TEM for the halftrack, -1 for non assault move, so zero. Therefore a second rfp attack is made.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Torgerson
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A good example of the poor job of rules revisions in SK#1. That is cut and pasted from the ASL rulebook. In ASL there can be many locations in the same hex. For instance sewer level, ground level, level 1, level 2 of a tall building. In Starter Kit #1 there are no separate locations in the same hex. Everything is at level 0. Yet there are references to changing location (not hex) in the SK#1 rulebook, such as routing to a different location within the same hex.

As far as a second action in the same hex that would change the modifier of a shot in SK#1, I cannot think of a situation where that would happen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Suns Anvil
Canada
Fredericton
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks! I'm still confined to SK rules and was driving myself nuts trying to figure that one out.

SK3 change anything? We dont have halftracks and the like...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Torgerson
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The SKs don't have Passengers or Riders. You do roll for Crew Survival for a destroyed AFV that is not a burning wreck, but I don't think this Residual Firepower question would come up in that situation. goo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eoin Corrigan
Ireland
Wexford
Wexford
flag msg tools
designer
ASL Fanatic
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1989Game wrote:
The SKs don't have Passengers or Riders. You do roll for Crew Survival for a destroyed AFV that is not a burning wreck, but I don't think this Residual Firepower question would come up in that situation. goo

Really? Surely a surviving crew takes a rfp attack in SK if it passes its CS roll?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Torgerson
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is not a second Residual Firepower shot. That is the first shot they would face.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Taylor
United States
Kearny
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I’d recommend using the ASLSK #3 rules (and if you have Expansion Pack #1, I’d use that rule set) . They are both a vast improvement from the SK1 rules but you should read them cover to cover; I found at least one change that was not marked in salmon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eoin Corrigan
Ireland
Wexford
Wexford
flag msg tools
designer
ASL Fanatic
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1989Game wrote:
That is not a second Residual Firepower shot. That is the first shot they would face.

Are you sure?

CE crew gets hit for +2, then the vehicle is destroyed by other fire and they bail out. Surely, that's a +2 and a flat shot?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Perry Cocke
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Working backwards:

Eoin, there is no Crew Survival in ASLSK.

Greg, as much as I encourage players to buy and refer to the latest version of the rulebook, I don't think we need to throw earlier versions under the bus. Especially not in this particular area, where I do not think there is much (if any) difference. And while I know there are a few wording clarifications that we did not salmonize, I hope that there are not any actual rules _changes_ that were not identified.

Ted, I am sorry you think we did not do a good job with ASLSK rules. I do not think that there is any real problem with confusion over the use of location in the ASLSK rules; it just does not have the same specific definition that it does in ASL.

I think that if a unit were to be attacked by Residual FP as it enters a hex, and then pick up a FT that it would be attacked again.

But that is off the top of my head, so do not quote me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eoin Corrigan
Ireland
Wexford
Wexford
flag msg tools
designer
ASL Fanatic
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
perrycocke wrote:

Eoin, there is no Crew Survival in ASLSK.

Ah, I see,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Suns Anvil
Canada
Fredericton
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Slightly OT, but I wonder if we could have a general ASLSK forum here and BGG? I'm never quite clear one whether I should ask a question in the SK1, 2, or 3 forum. Due to their cumulative nature, my OP could have been posted in in the SK3 forum (rulebook I'm reading from BTW).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Baume
Australia
Lismore
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1989Game wrote:
A good example of the poor job of rules revisions in SK#1. That is cut and pasted from the ASL rulebook. In ASL there can be many locations in the same hex. For instance sewer level, ground level, level 1, level 2 of a tall building. In Starter Kit #1 there are no separate locations in the same hex. Everything is at level 0. Yet there are references to changing location (not hex) in the SK#1 rulebook, such as routing to a different location within the same hex.

As far as a second action in the same hex that would change the modifier of a shot in SK#1, I cannot think of a situation where that would happen.

The only action that I can think of that would incur this second RFP shot in SK#1 would be if a unit moved into the location of RFP and then picked up a FT.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Richardson
United States
Lindsborg
Kansas
flag msg tools
mb
sunsanvil wrote:
Slightly OT, but I wonder if we could have a general ASLSK forum here and BGG?

We already have such a forum, the ASLSK Family page:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgamefamily/4050/advanced-s...

Nobody has actually used it yet (no posts in the Forums section), so all that it is doing at the moment is linking all of the posts from every ASLSK product into the Linked Forums section. But if you start using it, others may follow your lead.

There's a similar page for the full ASL Family that is occasionally used (currently five whole threads!):

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgamefamily/62/advanced-squ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al Cannamore
United States
Eagle River
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jay you're knowledge of ASL geek stuff is amazing. I'd tip you if I had any money :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Suns Anvil
Canada
Fredericton
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
richfam wrote:
We already have such a forum, the ASLSK Family page:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgamefamily/4050/advanced-s...

Nobody has actually used it yet (no posts in the Forums section), so all that it is doing at the moment is linking all of the posts from every ASLSK product into the Linked Forums section. But if you start using it, others may follow your lead.

Will do!

Can an admin move this thread over there?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike gray
United States
sterling
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmb
jay

thanks for the forum link

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.