Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Backstabber v Firespray / YT's rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Minty Binks
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Good afternoon

Apologies if this has been answered before, but i cant seem to find the answer in the updated FAQ's. Let me know if I've missed it!

I was flying Backstabber against a Bounty Hunter. I know Backstabbers ability doesn't trigger if the Bounty Hunter can fire at me through the front arc. Does this also apply with the back firing arc?

Also how does this apply to the YT's?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Johansson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Backstabber specificaly referes to "firing arc". The Firespray has two firing arcs as stated in the rules insert that comes with it.

The YT on the other hand only has the one standard firing arc. It allso happens to have a special ability that lets it use its primary weapon to shot outside its firing arc, but that doens't change the fact that it has one or how that one is oriented.

So in short, Backstabbers ability triggers for the YT as against any other ship. It triggers against a Firespray only if oputside BOTH of the printed arcs on it's base.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris K.
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
User67 wrote:
Good afternoon

Apologies if this has been answered before, but i cant seem to find the answer in the updated FAQ's. Let me know if I've missed it!

I was flying Backstabber against a Bounty Hunter. I know Backstabbers ability doesn't trigger if the Bounty Hunter can fire at me through the front arc. Does this also apply with the back firing arc?

Also how does this apply to the YT's?

Thanks

Current FAQ, Page 4, right side:

Quote:
Q: When exactly can Backstabber trigger his
ability?

A: Backstabber triggers his ability only if no portion of
his base is inside any of the printed firing arcs on
the defender’s ship token.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Minty Binks
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Thanks for the responses.

I think i was reading too much into the ability.

YT's - ability triggers for 3 sides of its arc/base
Firespray - ability triggers for 2 sides of its arc/base
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.