Recommend
9 
 Thumb up
 Hide
17 Posts

Ogre» Forums » General

Subject: It's here... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bern Harkins
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Today when I came downstairs to leave for work, my landlord informed me that I had a package...

"Heavy package. *whuff* How many games are in there?"

"One," I replied with a manic grin. "One twenty-eight pound game."

He just shook his head.

Steve, if you read this... it is beautiful. My face hurts from grinning.

Thanks so much.
23 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Priest
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine too here in the UK!

I am all kinds of excited but... my wife thinks she should wrap it and make me wait till Christmas. How fair is that?

I suppose it will add something to the big day but... I am 48!
She'll be struggling to hide that box I reckon.

Suddenly 25th Dec 2013 seems like a loooong way off.

Huge credit to SJG as well as the parcel was delivered to the UK without any extra import VAT or charges because of the way this was handled with their european partners.

Well played Stevie.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Johnson
United States
Harrisonburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
davetheblade wrote:

I am all kinds of excited but... my wife thinks she should wrap it and make me wait till Christmas. How fair is that?


Be sure to do an inventory, flatten out the boards overnight, and check for damaged components before you wait.

If there is a problem... you want to find it now.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cracky McCracken
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeffr0 wrote:
davetheblade wrote:

I am all kinds of excited but... my wife thinks she should wrap it and make me wait till Christmas. How fair is that?


Be sure to do an inventory, flatten out the boards overnight, and check for damaged components before you wait.

If there is a problem... you want to find it now.


Flatten out the boards?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Johnson
United States
Harrisonburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Other BGG users report that freshly printed game boards will often warp.

They are suggesting the maps be laid out overnight with books stacked on them.

If you break the shrink... and then wait until Christmas to go back to it, you may have an unpleasant surprise!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Speare
United States
Bedford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
tee hee, that tickles!!!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The "Read Me First" sheet that comes with Designer's Edition suggests flattening the boards overnight.

(...or so the PDF says, not that I have the game yet. )
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Real Stabliser
Scotland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
davetheblade wrote:
Mine too here in the UK!

I am all kinds of excited but... my wife thinks she should wrap it and make me wait till Christmas. How fair is that?


Me too, I was thinking of letting the wife do that with mine

Quote:
I suppose it will add something to the big day but... I am 48!
She'll be struggling to hide that box I reckon.

Suddenly 25th Dec 2013 seems like a loooong way off.


Indeed!

Quote:
Huge credit to SJG as well as the parcel was delivered to the UK without any extra import VAT or charges because of the way this was handled with their european partners.
Well played Stevie.


That is excellent, that was really worrying me I was expecting import and vat to add nearly 50%

Hopefully the van left you heading north of Glasgow with mine
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Priest
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeffr0 wrote:
Other BGG users report that freshly printed game boards will often warp.

They are suggesting the maps be laid out overnight with books stacked on them.

If you break the shrink... and then wait until Christmas to go back to it, you may have an unpleasant surprise!


I understand the entire crate is being wrapped so still in shrink.
I did explain your concerns but it cut little ice.

She's a hard woman cry
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Gordon
United Kingdom
Brampton
Cumbria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Mysterons - my kind of club...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine arrived today, its been opened, part unpacked and the board flattening I'll do over the weekend. It's a quite amazing sight, being honest. And no extra charges either, great European logistics.

I have a little bit of damage with the black plastic storage tray, that's all, and no real showstopper.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Real Stabliser
Scotland
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
"CP Central Highlands has been established - no sign of tread damage on the way up..."

Yay its here !
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Spare Tire
United States
Unspecified
Virginia
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
...and yes, it's true! The game is much bigger than it appears in all the pics
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Gordon
United Kingdom
Brampton
Cumbria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Mysterons - my kind of club...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
davetheblade wrote:
Jeffr0 wrote:
Other BGG users report that freshly printed game boards will often warp.

They are suggesting the maps be laid out overnight with books stacked on them.

If you break the shrink... and then wait until Christmas to go back to it, you may have an unpleasant surprise!


I understand the entire crate is being wrapped so still in shrink.
I did explain your concerns but it cut little ice.

She's a hard woman cry


I would open it, in all seriousness. If there's anything really serious damaged or wrong or missing, the guys back in Texas would need to know ASAP, and post-Christmas/New Year, it may well be too late to do anything about it. It's a lovely idea to keep it until Christmas but I've spent a lot of money and waited a long time to miss out.

Here's a thought - open it, check it, all safe and sound, let her re-wrap it and stash it away? Perhaps the cost in wrapping paper and adhesive tape may put her off the last bit?


2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bern Harkins
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TAG-UK wrote:
Perhaps the cost in wrapping paper and adhesive tape may put her off the last bit?


CONSIDERABLE paper and adhesive tape...


(I'd go with it... it's just the sort of argument spouses feel begrudgingly obliged to acknowledge...)

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Reed
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TAG-UK wrote:
I would open it, in all seriousness. If there's anything really serious damaged or wrong or missing, the guys back in Texas would need to know ASAP, and post-Christmas/New Year, it may well be too late to do anything about it.


Very true. We cannot know for sure how long our supplies of replacements will last. If the "buzz" and pre-orders are correct our primary warehouse will be out of stock by mid-December.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Johnson
United States
Harrisonburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
davetheblade wrote:
Jeffr0 wrote:
Other BGG users report that freshly printed game boards will often warp.

They are suggesting the maps be laid out overnight with books stacked on them.

If you break the shrink... and then wait until Christmas to go back to it, you may have an unpleasant surprise!


I understand the entire crate is being wrapped so still in shrink.
I did explain your concerns but it cut little ice.

She's a hard woman cry


Here, let me help:

"I'm sure you have nothing but good intentions, but I really need to check for damaged components while SJG is still able to provide replacement parts. I'm happy to wait until Christmas as far as everything else goes."

Edit: Ninja'd by Phil Reed! Doh!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Talarius Dunedain
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
Hellboy!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Besides which, you've already waited long enough from when the Kickstarter ended. ;-)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Priest
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks all for your excellent advice.
Faced with such overwhelming common sense my wife has changed her stance.
I am off to commence the opening ceremony

I love you guys
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.