Popular Tags: [View All]
Derrick Billings
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: [DECK] McCaffrazade.
So are you just hosting all your stuff on Scheherezade for the extra money?

I would expect program destruction to be a terrible risk--one Corporate Troubleshooter behind a Grim or Rototurret and down goes the whole rig.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wesley Kinslow
United States
Piperton
Tennessee
flag msg tools
↳ Do one brain damage ↳ Do one brain damage ↳ End the run
badge
Real heroes wear pink.
mb
I would totally find a way to get Faerie into this build and then run some Sacrificial Constructs.

They also combo fairly well with Aesop's Pawnshop, actually.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaiwen Zhang
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
Welcome to Zombo.com!
badge
Art of life
mbmbmbmbmb
I made a similar deck I'm testing, the goal is use those one-shot programs (false echo, crescentus, copycat, smc, faerie) on scheherazade.

I also run replicator to grab a full suite of clone chips and voicepads and use test run + clone chips for recursion.

I then had a bunch of events that I can play cheaply with voicepads: kraken, ar lab, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Rockwell
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I definitely think Sheharazade has potential as an economy engine. its extremely build-around. You want to play tons of recurring 1-us programs.

I think Imp and Crescentus are important cards to play with this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
United States
Creve Coeur
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone know if they officially stack? e.g. Sh. hosting an Sh., with a Medium on it - does the Medium trigger two credits?

Depends on whether a sub-host is considered hosting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
FirstName LastName
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
astroglide wrote:
Anyone know if they officially stack? e.g. Sh. hosting an Sh.,...

I'll stop you right there, because Scheherazade is unique. :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Bazynski
Poland
Warsaw
Mazowieckie
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmb
DrTall wrote:
astroglide wrote:

I'll stop you right there, because Scheherazade is unique.

Even if it wasn't it wouldn't count - a card can only by hosted on one card at a time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wrathofmine
France
Argenteuil
France
flag msg tools
bazyn wrote:
DrTall wrote:
astroglide wrote:

I'll stop you right there, because Scheherazade is unique.

Even if it wasn't it wouldn't count - a card can only by hosted on one card at a time.

Meaning if I host Scheherazade on Djinn. Any programme on my Scheherazade will count for my MU and not Djinn's MU ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brodie
United States
KC
Missouri
flag msg tools
mb
wrathofmine wrote:
Meaning if I host Scheherazade on Djinn. Any programme on my Scheherazade will count for my MU and not Djinn's MU ?

I believe that's correct. The host-hosted card relationship doesn't appear to be transitive according to the rules (until we get a clarification to the contrary).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Pettigrew
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Agent Archer wrote:
wrathofmine wrote:

I believe that's correct. The host-hosted card relationship doesn't appear to be transitive according to the rules (until we get a clarification to the contrary).

It's already been ruled that you can host cards on a Djinn hosted on a Djinn hosted on a Djinn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brodie
United States
KC
Missouri
flag msg tools
mb
etherial wrote:
Agent Archer wrote:
wrathofmine wrote:

It's already been ruled that you can host cards on a Djinn hosted on a Djinn hosted on a Djinn.

Yes, but what I said (or at least what I meant) was: if I host a Scheherazade on my Djinn, Scheherazade's MU cost doesn't count towards my MU thanks to Djinn's ability. If I host a Crescentus on Scheherazade, I gain 1C thanks to Scheherazade's ability, but Crescentus still counts towards my MU, because Crescentus is not hosted on Djinn - the fact that it's hosted on a card that itself is hosted doesn't extend the "host (Djinn)/hosted on" relationship to Crescentus.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Bazynski
Poland
Warsaw
Mazowieckie
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmb
etherial wrote:
Agent Archer wrote:
wrathofmine wrote:

Yes, but only djinn on the bottom will give memory for that card

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Byer
United States
Fishers
IN
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
etherial wrote:
Agent Archer wrote:
wrathofmine wrote:

That wasn't the question.
The question was do the programs still take up MU, or does Djinn's hosting cover the MU of the program hosted on Scheherazade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dan dargenio
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
chbyer wrote:
That wasn't the question.
The question was do the programs still take up MU, or does Djinn's hosting cover the MU of the program hosted on Scheherazade.

The programs hosted on Scheherazade still take up memory even if the Scheherazade is hosted on a Djinn. Cards need to be directly hosted on Djinn for Djinn's memory reduction ability to work. Cards can only be hosted on one thing at a time, so there is no way to host a program both on Scheherazade to gain money AND on Djinn to gain MU.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brodie
United States
KC
Missouri
flag msg tools
mb
b a n j o wrote:
Agent Archer wrote:
...if I host a Scheherazade on my Djinn, Scheherazade's MU cost doesn't count towards my MU thanks to Djinn's ability.

Scheherazade's MU is 0.

Completely true, but not relevant for the purpose of the example. Although you could swap the hosting programs in my example, and say:

If I host a Djinn on my Scheherazade, I gain a credit thanks to Scheherazade's ability. If I host a Crescentus on Djinn, Crescentus' MU cost doesn't count towards my MU thanks to Djinn's ability, but I do not gain a credit, because Crescentus is not hosted on Scheherazade - the fact that it's hosted on a card that itself is hosted doesn't extend the "host (Scheherazade)/hosted on" relationship to Crescentus.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.