Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe that a Song of Ice & Fire is one of the great fictional works of all time. To that end I was pleased and honored to be part of FFG's initial demo team when the A Game of Thrones CCG was released and worked Origins and GenCon that year. I loved the game created by Eric Lang and still do. I don't play it all any more for a couple of reasons. The first is that I lost almost all of my cards in a big basement flood about 3 years after the game was introduced.

This post is mostly about reason No. 2. First, let me write that I don't expect any of you to have a solution to this dilemma and perhaps most of you might not care about my quandary. I hate building decks and my wife (my usual gaming partner) refuses to do it. She also likes this game and the books. I figured that this would be a game I would be forced to pass up. Then I happened to read about the Star Wars LCG and the way decks are built with that game. I don't have much interest in that game but I genuinely wish that something similar had been devised for GoT. It would have saved the game for me and my wife. Water under the bridge now for sure. I will go back to watching videos and reading about each new release and watching a few games played as they are documented that way.

Thanks to all who followed this. I just feel better for having gotten a chance to put this down in words.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGS
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Warhammer: Diskwars
mbmbmbmbmb
How about the HBO edition? 2 pre con decks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris thatcher
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My missus is the same, she wont build decks. So we play Starwars card game with just pre constructed decks. As there are 3 factions per side it offers plenty of replay-ability anyways.

To be honest, i got burnt out on deck building with Magic.

I have the original Netrunner, both my runner and corp decks are 200 cards each, mostly individual cards. I love not having to deck build in that, just pickup and play. With so many cards the replay-ability is great and in that game you play both sides for the final score. Thats why i didnt get the new FFG version (and im a ffg fan), i wasn't interested in different factions or deck building.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.