Cadrick Loh
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Man I'm so angry and pissed off in this scenario.

about 10 shadow cards dealt on a single enemy which straight away K.O my hero...

Another Killer treachery, select a sphere and all non-belonging to the chosen sphere take 3 damage.. WTF is this? basically just kill everything =.=

I'm so speechless with this scenario, just too imba and unbeatable =.=
Damn it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Wilson
United Kingdom
Peterborough
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
birdkingz wrote:
Man I'm so angry and pissed off in this scenario.

about 10 shadow cards dealt on a single enemy which straight away K.O my hero...

Another Killer treachery, select a sphere and all non-belonging to the chosen sphere take 3 damage.. WTF is this? basically just kill everything =.=

I'm so speechless with this scenario, just too imba and unbeatable =.=
Damn it!

Try defending with cheap allies rather than your irreplaceable heroes.

Have you tried a Mono tactics deck against this scenario? It removes the abilities of much of the encounter deck.

If not Mono Tactics, maybe something like Legolas, Beregond and the Spirit Glorfindel?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cadrick Loh
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I am using Legolas, Beregond and Glorfindel and my brother is using Outlands deck

Guess that have to try with Mono deck..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oleg volobujev
msg tools
mbmb
Can be very hard quest yes. i love it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The shadow stuff can get completely bonkers, but I just beat this scenario and it was so amazingly close! Granted, easy mode.

I ended up playing two mono-sphere tactics decks (never thought I'd do that). One was Legolas/Bard/Beorn. The other was Thalin/Beregond/Boromir.

My first try at this quest I had a super awesome Beregond with Unexpected Courage so that is how I got so far (till last stage) but failed. Then and now knowing that stage 5 could be turned into battle, that's why I brought Beorn and eagles.

A few things to stay on topic re shadow: I had at one point the Haradrim Elite enter play from the stage 5 "reveal a card per player". The elite then says to make an attack against first player from staging area... fine. His shadow ends up as the "makes another attack after this one". I was about to rule it not possible (cuz staging area attacks aren't... well.. normal attacks) but you know what, I let this cursed game have it because each time one of my heroes was dying on player two, player 1 had a Horn of Gondor on Legolas!

Then I had player one at threat 48.. deciding whether to rush with everyone I had (which was going to make 18 attack vs a staging area of 3 and the last quest at 15... so if I drew ANY card that added NO threat I'd have won then and there)... decided to play it to one more round (any doomed card and I was toast then).

I quested w/ everyone but left my two eagles.

Drew the "when revealed: discard a card, add to threat", PHEW! It just added one! (haha, the Palantir was discarded... great card)...

Then thanks to an eagle dying and getting caught by the other eagle, and basicaly I got lucky one last time (again at 49 any doomed card and I was kaput)... and I beat it.

PHEW.

Look, yes, this encounter set is BONKERS with the shadow, like the designer was just angry and wanted to knife everyone.

But the trick is to do anything you can to stop attacks. I did two hands upon upon the bows to kill stuff in staging area. I used a feint. I had goblin cleaver going, spears of citadels, ANYTHING to stop those damned shadow cards.

My first attempt had been w/ spirit, which did OK against shadow cards but as the story above told, I really felt no way out without two tactics hands.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.