Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Kelly
United States
Florence
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ninja'ed ninja

http://wizkidsgames.com/blog/2013/11/13/star-trek-attack-win...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Kelly
United States
Florence
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thoughts:
- 26 points for 5 attack die
- Dukat: kind of like a Picard-lite for 1 less SP (only 2 "free" ability options per round instead of 4)
- Boheeka crew: nice effect for only 2 SP
- Enhanced Weaponry = equivalent of Keldon-class photon torpedoes
- Dorsal Weapons Array = gives the Enterprise-D's 360 ability to ships for 3 SP
- Tetryon Emissions = nice OWP or Barrage of Fire extra defense as a tech upgrade; Sulu for the Dominion
- Cloaking Device = Defiant cloak for Keldon-class ships, which includes the Kraxon

The relatively cheap-costed upgrades seems like this could be a multiple-purchase ship
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dusty S
United States
Cheney
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WOW! Tough ship with lots O' goodies. The Dominion have their heavy hitter. And now I really feel like the feds are outgunned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dang, the cloak is possibly the least exciting part of that preview, and that's saying something
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Steiner
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
Can someone post the stats for those that cannot get to the website?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cromer

Florida
msg tools
mb
I love this ship. Virtually all of the upgrades are ones I actually want to use with the exception of maybe the keldon torpedoes. The keldon cloak has one major advantage over the defiant one in that it can be used on all keldon class vessels. The defiant cloak can only be used on the defiant herself without paying the 5 point penalty. Every keldon can take cloak. The dorsal weapons array also sounds great.migt be good for attack ships.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scooter of the Ancients
United States
West Chester
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Cardassians with Cloaking? I must have missed that episode.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cromer

Florida
msg tools
mb
Mordaenor wrote:

A gift from the Tal'Shiar when the joined forces to attack the dominion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Holsclaw
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
drscottkelly wrote:
Thoughts:

- Cloaking Device = Defiant cloak for Keldon-class ships, which includes the Kraxon

Unfortunately, the Kraxon is Galor-class, not Keldon-class, so the cloak won't go on it.

I'm fairly impressed with the Koranak, though, and Dukat doesn't disappoint. Still hoping for another Sisko that will outclass him, because I think that's deserved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mordaenor wrote:

If I recall correctly, this was in a season 3 episode. The Romulan Tal Shiar and the Cardassian Obsidian Order sent ships to attack the homeworld of the changelings. Both fleets had cloaking ability because of this short alliance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rangarth wrote:
Can someone post the stats for those that cannot get to the website?

5/1/4/3 2x tech, 2x weapon, 1x crew, Evade, Target Lock, Scan, Battlestations, 26 points. Instead of making a normal attack, you may spend a scan token to attack two ships with your primary at -2 dice each. It also has a 180 degree arc and a 4 bank.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lars mallach
msg tools
mbmb
Sweet! Very excited about this dude. Still no Gul Ocett though?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scooter of the Ancients
United States
West Chester
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The Maniac wrote:
Mordaenor wrote:

If I recall correctly, this was in a season 3 episode. The Romulan Tal Shiar and the Cardassian Obsidian Order sent ships to attack the homeworld of the changelings. Both fleets had cloaking ability because of this short alliance.

Of course, how could I forget? Neither Dukat or Evek was part of that fleet, and I was looking for a link between them and the cloak, that's what confused me. Not that such a link is required.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bas Jelsma
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
That's a pretty cool ship! I knew I wanted a ship with Gul Dukat as captain, but now I want it even more! :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarimy Springer
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Stats:

Koranak

Cost 26

Sensor, Target lock, Scan, Battle stations

Instead of making a normal attack you may spend a Scan token to attack 2 different ships with your primary weapon at -2 attack dice each attack.

Gul Dukat unique
Cost 5
7 skill
1 elite

Your ship may perform an Evade or Battle Stations action as a free action each round.

Gul Evek unique
Cost 2
4 skil

Each time you defend, you may re-roll all of your blank results one time.

Boheeka unique crew
Cost 2

If your ship has a Battle station token beside it when you attack, you may convert 1 blank into 1 hit.

Enhanced Weaponry
Cost 5
5 attack
2-3 range

Attack: spend target lock/disable card

If fired from Keldon class +1 attack die

Dorsal Weapons array
Cost 3
3 attack
Range 1-3

Attack: disable to perform

You may fire in any direction.

Tetryon Emissions
Cost 3

Action: Disable this upgrade to add +3 defense each time you defend this round.

Cloaking Device
Cost 4

Same as the other one but +5 for a non-Keldron class

Captured Intelligence
Elite talent cost 3

Before rolling your defense dice, if you do not have an Evade Token beside your ship, you may discard this to place an Evade token beside your ship. In addition, each time you defend during the round using this ability, roll 1 extra defense die.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tough ship. Goes a long way to beef up the Dominion fleet. In terms of fire power, this is Klingonesque. Sounds like it may have more maneuverability than the Kraxon too. I'd like to take Koranak with Dukat up against Enterprise-D with Picard. Should be an interesting match.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Pitner
United States
Plano
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like that Tetryon Emissions are not a unique card

Named Koranak ship in a build with Donatra and Martok 9 or Gowron makes it a pretty sweet attack against 2 ships - especially with a 180 firing arc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristoff Bergenholm
United States
Millersville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm loving the upgrades! I'm wondering if the 4-bank will mean it'll turn like even more of a whale, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Compton
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This will be a great expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Benhart
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Finally a ship that makes the Dominion a viable single faction. They've had good support ships in a mixed faction build, but with this I can see some competetive Koranak/Kraxon/Gor Portas builds.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fastback M
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mb
Good ship...good card abilities...I like that these abilities are not primarily going to cost your action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Benhart
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Magentawolf wrote:
I'm loving the upgrades! I'm wondering if the 4-bank will mean it'll turn like even more of a whale, though.

Who cares if it can have a 5 attack w/180 deg arc. And a 3 attack at 360 degree but needs to be enabled each turn.

T

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skyguard
msg tools
mbmb
stpitner wrote:

Named Koranak ship in a build with Donatra and Martok 9 or Gowron makes it a pretty sweet attack against 2 ships - especially with a 180 firing arc.

Just note Attack Pattern Omega wasn't shown as unique in its preview for wave 1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
traitor armor
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Love it. cool

The Ship.

The Captains.

The Crew.

The Tech.

I'm not usually a fan of most weapons and I like these ones as well.

Chris, Andrew......awesome. Thanks!

Skyguard wrote:
stpitner wrote:

Just note Attack Pattern Omega wasn't shown as unique in its preview for wave 1.

Agreed. We'll have to wait for the stock pic to check.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan M D Thomas
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll take 3, seriously.

The ship...5 attack and 180 arc is scary. With the attack buffed to 7 by Donatra and Martok, the named ship could hit two ships with 5 dice. That's potential.

Both captains are great. Dukat is the new 2 super ship second captain to go with Picard. Evek may be loaned to the Romulans along with Sulu for the most pesky cloaked support ship which refuses to die.

Dorsal array seems best with the Attack Ship to greatly boost its useful options.

Tetryon Emissions seems like a fantastic card as a pseudo cloak, especially to use along with captains like Dukat and Picard and an already cloaked ship. 9 defense dice on that Warbird? no problem.

Glad the cloak extends to the whole Keldon class, making 3 of these guys cloaked a viable option with 14 points to spare for captains, etc.

The talent is yet another way to play good defense.

This seriously may be the best overall package Wizkids has put out to date.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.