Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
$12, 12 days of gifts. It's like Hanukkah or something. Limited to the first 100,000 orders. Get it now, dammit!

https://www.holidaybullshit.com/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Reigns
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hate paying and not knowing what it is, but oh well, $12 isn't much, I guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luis Padron
United States
Homestead
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
Done and done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
They imply the did this last year? Anyone know what was in it?

$22 for Canadians. I figure what the hell.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
This space intentionally left blank.
mbmbmbmbmb
I gave in and ordered it, too. Why the hell not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Al Washburn
United States
Greenfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
apotheos wrote:
They imply the did this last year? Anyone know what was in it?

$22 for Canadians. I figure what the hell.

Last year they had a special Holiday expansion where you picked your price (though they recommended $5)…

EDITED because I'm dumb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
If one of those gifts is the Werewolf set, I'm going to have a meltdown.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Ross
United States
Charleston
West Virginia
flag msg tools
Grand Master Cabalist
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What else have they produced besides CAH?

Signed up ... I like throwing money into an iffy future product ... I'm a kickstarter fan.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am sure what ever they send will be worth every penny. They always deliver a great product.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Eckman
United States
Oviedo
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Blindly backing a random project ... no
Blindly backing a random project from the creators of Cards Against Humanity ... yes!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Williams
United States
Lubbock
Texas
flag msg tools
"Let us go out this evening for pleasure; the night is still young."
badge
STOP! WHOSE TURN IS IT NEXT?
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like 60,000 gone in a matter of hours, if the counter is to be believed. Glad I got my 12 dollars sent.

Hopefully a few customized cards will be part of the present. Otherwise what is the survey for?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren M
Canada
Fort Vermilion
AB
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I came here to tell everyone about this if it wasn't posted already.

I literally woke up... rolled over to check my emails in bed (as you do)... and saw this deal in my email.

So while still in bed (and mostly awake), I reached for my wallet on the nightstand and a couple minutes later... I'm $22 poorer (since I'm in the frozen wasteland of northern Canada I have the privilege of paying an extra $10).

No idea if this is a "good thing" or not. I don't even own anything by Cards Against Humanity yet but have been thinking about printing some cards out to try the game as it looks like it could be a lot of fun with the right group.

Just shows how easy it is to part people from their money. They are going to make over $1.2 million in a matter of hours from gullible rubes like me. That's almost as high of an hourly rate as a dentist up here.

Good luck to all the idiots like me who signed up for this. May we all get what we deserve.

ps... First time I've ever paid for something while in bed... honestly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Brannen

North Carolina
msg tools
nexttothemoon wrote:
No idea if this is a "good thing" or not. I don't even own anything by Cards Against Humanity yet but have been thinking about printing some cards out to try the game as it looks like it could be a lot of fun with the right group.

just to comment
the printed ones are a different size than the boxed ones
little squares vs poker cards

worth every penny and highly addictive
just have to have the sense of humor of a 13yr old boy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Spence
United States
Escondido
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty awesome that they can get 1.2 million in sales without telling anyone what they are getting other than some 'bullshit'.

I wonder how much I can get for some crap.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Wow. I'm surprised they sold out that fast. Any idea what time (approximately) they sold out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Werntz
United States
Bristow
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
5:12pm Eastern

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Williams
United States
Lubbock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
apotheos wrote:
Wow. I'm surprised they sold out that fast. Any idea what time (approximately) they sold out?

I'm not surprised at all. A few years ago you had to be on a waiting list and every printing sold out in a matter of hours. The secondary market prices were ridiculous. I'm sure some of these will be on ebay for the same reason.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Ross
United States
Charleston
West Virginia
flag msg tools
Grand Master Cabalist
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
doctor poo wrote:
apotheos wrote:

I'm not surprised at all. A few years ago you had to be on a waiting list and every printing sold out in a matter of hours. The secondary market prices were ridiculous. I'm sure some of these will be on ebay for the same reason.

They said one per household so it depends how they monitored that I suppose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Reigns
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jedijawa74 wrote:
doctor poo wrote:
apotheos wrote:

They said one per household so it depends how they monitored that I suppose.

Well, some people would rather have a $90 profit than some stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren M
Canada
Fort Vermilion
AB
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I'm not surprised either. I mean... 12 packages. That's 1.2 million letters/packages to get sent out. I'd imagine they are making peanuts on this deal (if not taking a loss) and it's more a thank you to all their fans (or soon to be fans in cases of people like me who've never even played the game before).

It seemed frightfully easy for me to part with my money on this deal... much moreso than even any Kickstarter deal.

For me I think it was the combination of 1- Low price 2- Twelve different items coming and 3) the random nature of not knowing exactly what you might be getting although you know it's probably going to be a decent haul seeing as they have a reputation of being pretty generous with their promotions.

Should be fun seeing what arrives. I wish this was for overseas as well as I would have liked to send this as a Secret Santa type gift to some people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E.M. Proc
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
doctor poo wrote:
apotheos wrote:

I feel like no matter what I'm going to be getting plenty of value for my $12... It'd be funny if what they send is not worth more than $12, just to spite people like that... I can't imagine selling whatever shows up for a few extra dollars...

(Ya know, unless I was starving or something...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Some people are quite interested in building complete sets of CAH. It easily transcends my tolerance for collectionism (the few PAX cards I have are not even stored with the game as they are unplayable in my circles) but some are more dedicated, and pay through the nose for it.

I'm pretty convinced this won't merit the $22 I had to outlay as a Canadian, but I hope it's at least fun enough to excuse the two lattes extra cost.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Ross
United States
Charleston
West Virginia
flag msg tools
Grand Master Cabalist
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Profiting from completionists FTW! arrrh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Williams
United States
Lubbock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
emproc1346 wrote:
doctor poo wrote:
apotheos wrote:

I feel like no matter what I'm going to be getting plenty of value for my $12... It'd be funny if what they send is not worth more than $12, just to spite people like that... I can't imagine selling whatever shows up for a few extra dollars...

(Ya know, unless I was starving or something...)

Check out the prices for the five dollar (OR FREE) christmas pack from last year. It's hitting 75 dollars on eBay before the auction ends. That's a bit more than a few extra dollars. That's easy money.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.