Neomaxim Noefaith
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I again need to state that I am falling head-over-heels in love with this game. The wife, a friend, and I are deep in yet another run of the campaign, and I am already planning to buy, essentially all of the released expansions.

My sole issue, is that the Conversion Kit, which has been a huge joy to me, and has ensured soooooooo many more meaningful hero/monster options, has likewise been a bit of a headache.

So having no miniatures has been easy enough on the hero-side, as I can cobble together four vague look-alikes... but the monsters are proving rough.

As such, questions...

Does anything on a monster card indicate base-size? I might have missed it, but its tricky proxying a mini, or group without knowing what size bases I need.

Second... what do people use to proxy some odd-base monsters? I've taken to really enjoying Blood Apes, but they feature the 2x1 base which means they end up being Barghest models for the time being.

Finally, do any of the current expansions "reprint" models from Descent V1.0? Is there any hope of monster packs showing up in the future? Am I doomed, as someone loving the game, to pay extortion level prices for official models on Ebay? :-p

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Bocketti
United States
Clifton Park
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/93437/3d-monster-tokens-fo...

This file has tokens that represent base sizes

I actually purchased a ton of first edition heroes, well all the heroes, and most monsters, but I agree that it is a ton of money through ebay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M S
United States
Lakewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bane Spider 2x2
Beastman 1x1
Blood Ape 1x2
Chaos Beast 2x2
Crypt Dragon 2x3
Dark Priest 1x1
Deep Elf 1x1
Demon Lord 2x2
Ferrox 1x1
Giant 2x2
Golem 2x2
Hellhound 1x2
Ice Wyrm 2x3
Kobold 1x1
Lava Beetle 1x1
Manticore 2x2
Medusa 1x1
Naga 2x2
Ogre 2x2
Razorwing1x1
Shade 1x1
Skeleton Archer 1x1
Sorcerer 1x1
Troll 2x2
Wendigo 1x2
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M S
United States
Lakewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
or if this is easier....

1x1

Beastman
Dark Priest
Deep Elf
Ferrox
Kobold
Lava Beetle
Medusa
Razorwing
Shade
Skeleton Archer
Sorcerer

1x2

Blood Ape
Hellhound
Wendigo

2x2

Bane Spider
Chaos Beast
Demon Lord
Giant
Golem
Manticore
Naga
Ogre
Troll

2x3

Crypt Dragon
Ice Wyrm
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Wheal
United States
Kosse
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
or print your own list..

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/81439/descent-monster-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neomaxim Noefaith
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You guys rock. Thanks! It doesn't quite have the visual punch I feel a game this amazing deserves, but it beats the hell outta Ebay. :-p

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duffy
United States
Phoenixville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Mr Worf.....Fire!
mbmbmbmbmb
Newtruthneomaxim wrote:
You guys rock. Thanks! It doesn't quite have the visual punch I feel a game this amazing deserves, but it beats the hell outta Ebay. :-p

Here's a visualisation of all the 1st Ed. minis in one pic. Might help with picking our proxies?

(OK, maybe this is a bit of a show-off...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neomaxim Noefaith
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love painting, and this absolutely was my intention in trying to track down official models.

I would kill for FFG to sell a bundle of these, unpainted.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Herman
Germany
Munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Second... what do people use to proxy some odd-base monsters? I've taken to really enjoying Blood Apes, but they feature the 2x1 base which means they end up being Barghest models for the time being

GW sells 1x2 inches "biker bases" for Warhammer 40K. They are slightly bigger than the bases of the Descent figures but should still fit on the map. So all you need now are ape-like figures to put on...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baramon
msg tools
any idea where to buy oval bases for Blood Apes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jebstone Boppman
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I gave up my look for oval 1x1 bases and I just made my own with square singles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baramon
msg tools
i've done proxiest list all i really miss is proper bases for altar and tomb proxies

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Baxter
Canada
Calgary
AB
flag msg tools
Supercalifragiliticexmealidocious
badge
Mars by 2050!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hiya,

I actually have 3 copies of everything, I'm taking advice from a friend and will be selling them piece by piece for the heroes/monsters.

I'll basically include a hero with the 2e card or a monster group (usually 1-3 monsters) and a card. I know my various friends are wanting to pick up some as they can all be used in scenarios as open group monsters.

Any thoughts or ideas on this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baramon
msg tools
Yeah i would love to buy Monsters from Tomb and Altar

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Baxter
Canada
Calgary
AB
flag msg tools
Supercalifragiliticexmealidocious
badge
Mars by 2050!
mbmbmbmbmb
Well I ended up selling some on ebay and I've so many I've now listed some in a geeklist auction here, also added some painted minis (no idea what to charge for painted minis as peoples opinions vary with art- so it's subjective).

Page 3 of auction with painted minis, page 4 + 5 unpainted;

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/167685/puppy-auction-w...?

page 1 + 2 have board games plus a decent pack and a copy of descent quest compendium

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.