5 Posts

Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » General

Subject: Dominion just got a whole lot better... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Keith McCallig
Ireland
flag msg tools
The Preview for the Koranak is up and the Dominion just got a whole heap of love in one go.

http://wizkidsgames.com/blog/2013/11/13/star-trek-attack-win...

A 5 firepower ship with a 180 degree fire arc, access to Battle Stations, Gul Dukat is like a mini Picard and there are a bunch of nice weapons that will power up the Dominion fleet as a whole.

One Stand Out seems to be the Dorsal Weapons Array giving you a 3 dice attack in any direction at range 1-3 (though it is disabled after use). Considering how useful this has proved on the Enterprise-D I can see it being an oft used upgrade. I'm not sure (but interested) how things will change when an entire fleet can shoot 360 - it will certainly make the turn after the initial 'Charge' interesting when you can pick off some cripples while most people are maneuvering...

There is an interesting new crewman (unfortunately called Boheeka - a bit too close to the oft used miliatry Acronym BOHICA - Bend over, here it comes again ) who looks like a nice power up for a ship with Battlestations. When you spend a BS token you only miss with an average of a quarter of your dice - this guys will convert that dice to a hit. Combined with Dukat and the Koranak itself that will lead to a really hard hitting ship.

Dukat giving a free action Scan or Battle Station as well as the ships regular action will also be really good. It means some of those other Dominion Cards that require an action or a scan are going to be a lot more usable - say Breen Aide, Antiproton Scan or EM Pulse. Even Glin Telle might have some more usable combos now.

All in all it looks like there is a nice centre piece to the Dominion Fleet now, priced nicely at 26 points (I assume 24 for the regular version) and some nice cards to power up the rest of the Dominion fleet.

December can't come soon enough...

Keith Mc
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Landy
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kmccallig wrote:
The Preview for the Koranak is up and the Dominion just got a whole heap of love in one go.

A 5 firepower ship with a 180 degree fire arc, access to Battle Stations, Gul Dukat is like a mini Picard and there are a bunch of nice weapons that will power up the Dominion fleet as a whole.

One Stand Out seems to be the Dorsal Weapons Array giving you a 3 dice attack in any direction at range 1-3 (though it is disabled after use). Considering how useful this has proved on the Enterprise-D I can see it being an oft used upgrade. I'm not sure (but interested) how things will change when an entire fleet can shoot 360 - it will certainly make the turn after the initial 'Charge' interesting when you can pick off some cripples while most people are maneuvering...

There is an interesting new crewman (unfortunately called Boheeka - a bit too close to the oft used miliatry Acronym BOHICA - Bend over, here it comes again ) who looks like a nice power up for a ship with Battlestations. When you spend a BS token you only miss with an average of a quarter of your dice - this guys will convert that dice to a hit. Combined with Dukat and the Koranak itself that will lead to a really hard hitting ship.

Dukat giving a free action Scan or Battle Station as well as the ships regular action will also be really good. It means some of those other Dominion Cards that require an action or a scan are going to be a lot more usable - say Breen Aide, Antiproton Scan or EM Pulse. Even Glin Telle might have some more usable combos now.

All in all it looks like there is a nice centre piece to the Dominion Fleet now, priced nicely at 26 points (I assume 24 for the regular version) and some nice cards to power up the rest of the Dominion fleet.

Keith Mc

This will be the bane of Cloaked Mine fleets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fastback M
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mb
Previously on Board Game Geek....

http://boardgamegeek.com/article/13981189#13981189

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Byron Grimes
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
H00D4M4N wrote:
kmccallig wrote:

Keith Mc

This will be the bane of Cloaked Mine fleets.

What do you mean? It should be the CENTER of a cloaked mine fleet, with its 2 tech slots. Yes, 2. Cloaked mines, Cloaking device, dorsal weapons, yeah. I'll run it with cloaked mines like crazy. If I don't do that, it'll have the tetryon emissions, and I'd put Terrel on a neighbor ship. Nobody would hit that easily.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hawke
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What's the Jem'hadar attack wing dial looking like? Wondering if dorsal weapon's array would work with a 4 attack ship build. Essentially try to keep out of firing arcs and get some shots. Split your ships somewhat to avoid combined fire of enemies while still getting a few shots in as you position.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.