Popular Tags: [View All]
Aaron Smith
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I sent a note to Fireside Games with a few Dead Panic rules questions, and Anne-Marie was kind enough to respond. Below are the questions I asked and her clarifications. She said they are also working on an FAQ for the game as well some short videos for certain parts of the game for greater clarification. Her answers are inline with my questions, so I've bolded and italicized them.

1.) The rules say that if you are moving during the action phase, and you move in to a space with zombies, you have to fight them. I assume this is in addition to possibly fighting them during the fight zombies phase. Your assumption is correct. What if you start the action phase with zombies in the same space as you? do you have to fight them before taking a move action away from them? No. *CAN* you move away if you fight them but there are still zombies left? Yes. Any fighting during the Action Phase is optional, with the one exception of having to fight the strongest zombie when you move into a space with 1 or more zombies.

2.) Once a character gets into the van, are they pretty much safe at that point? Yes. I.E. if there are zombies in the same space as the van with characters in it, do they have to fight them and/or can get injured by zombies? No. On a related note, the zombie movement chart indicates that if a zombie is in the cabin, and can't see any characters/survivors, but can see the van, they move towards the van. Do zombies outside the cabin who can't see anyone else also move towards the van? No, they move toward the cabin, as per usual when they can’t see any humans. (The rule about the cabin is to keep from having zombies that just rotate around and cease to be a threat.)

3.) If you get the Cabin Card "Graaaaaaagh!", and pull a survivor token, do you play it in the cabin or put it back and draw again? You place the Survivor token in the same space with you and thank your lucky stars.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Schenck
United States
Dayton
Ohio
flag msg tools
GO BUCKS!
badge
Stop touching me!
mbmbmbmbmb
Aaron, thank you for posting these responses!
Good to know there's a FAQ coming too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.