Subject: How's the shipping going? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andreas Josefsson
Sweden
Lund
Skane
flag msg tools
Badges? We don' need no stinkin' badges!
badge
No sight of my Kickstarter copy yet. Has everybody else in Europe received their copy or am I just impatient? wow

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
plysbjorn wrote:
No sight of my Kickstarter copy yet. Has everybody else in Europe received their copy or am I just impatient? wow

Still missing mine. I believe it is now four weeks since the first ones turned up.

I'm pretty laid back, but I admit I am becoming a little bit annoyed now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Pelton
United Kingdom
Hucknall
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:
plysbjorn wrote:

Still missing mine. I believe it is now four weeks since the first ones turned up.

I'm pretty laid back, but I admit I am becoming a little bit annoyed now.

I'm also still awaiting mine, a friend revived their's last Friday. I suspect that mine will be one of the 50 or so that are held up to the lack of glow in the dark zombies.

I would be much happier if emails were being sent to indicate when yours had been shipped.

I also regret going for light in the dark . I was expecting special rules for those zombies. I should have gone for metro.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Daniels
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm also still waiting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Ohlsson
Sweden
Lyckeby
flag msg tools
mbmb
Still waiting....but seems to be worth it in the end

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Dunham
Canada
flag msg tools
I went for metro and I'm still waiting as well !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Pelton
United Kingdom
Hucknall
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tyranid wrote:
I'm also still waiting.

Hmmm so much for the indication that shipping labels were being done alphabetically.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
peltazoid wrote:
tyranid wrote:
I'm also still waiting.

Hmmm so much for the indication that shipping labels were being done alphabetically.

I made a joke early on that things were being done alphabetically, but I don't think Queen ever said they were doing that. I think it is probably more to do with random chance, or maybe how quickly people responded to the questionnaire (which could even be done in reverse order). No way of knowing, but it's certainly annoying that people are playing the game while I still don't have mine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renate Cloake
United Kingdom
Worthing
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Add me to the list of still waiting...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Boardgamer
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Still waiting in Australia as well.

I knew I'd have a wait on my hands, the only reason I'm hanging out so bad, is because they sent that update 4 weeks ago saying they had began posting and we should receive them in time for Halloween.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Lawton
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another UK'er still waiting. At least I know I'm not on my own now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
LIFEFORM - LIVE NOW ON KICKSTARTER!!!
badge
LIFEFORM - LIVE NOW ON KICKSTARTER!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Mmzomba wrote:
Another UK'er still waiting. At least I know I'm not on my own now.

I'm still waiting for Sam's copy to arrive - does that count?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DaveB
United Kingdom
Durham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Still waiting. From now on its called Late, Later, Latest. I only backed it in the last week of the kickstarter - is it in backer order?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam D.
United States
Suquamish
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know this is about European shipping, but FWIW, just got mine in Washington State, USA today. Box was flimsy and looked beat up, but everything inside came through fine.

And for some reason the radioactive rules were loose in the shipping container instead of inside the kickstarter version box, but no harm done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Ku
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
"You can spend all your time making money / Or you can spend all your love making time."
mbmbmbmbmb
Damn it, I was, I think, the 5th or 6th person to back it, and I haven't received it yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Monkeys With Fire
United Kingdom
Warrington
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mbmb
The game is now available from Esdevium, so will expect stock early next week.

http://www.monkeyswithfire.com/dark-darker-darkest

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Pelton
United Kingdom
Hucknall
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MonkeysWithFire wrote:

I would have thought that the KS backers would be priority to get the game to first before retail. It makes me think they don't care about their customers.

DDD is the 3nd game I have received from backing on KS,

The 1st was Story War, which hit retail about 3 weeks after I received it.
The 2nd was Coup and I don't know when it will be hitting retail.
Euphoria isn't going retail until feb/march next year and KS backers are currently on for a December delivery

Has it been the case with a lot of KS projects that the backers have gotten their goods after the game has been retail?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renate Cloake
United Kingdom
Worthing
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
peltazoid wrote:
MonkeysWithFire wrote:

I would have thought that the KS backers would be priority to get the game to first before retail. It makes me think they don't care about their customers.

DDD is the 3nd game I have received from backing on KS,

The 1st was Story War, which hit retail about 3 weeks after I received it.
The 2nd was Coup and I don't know when it will be hitting retail.
Euphoria isn't going retail until feb/march next year and KS backers are currently on for a December delivery

Has it been the case with a lot of KS projects that the backers have gotten their goods after the game has been retail?

The nature of shipping means that it is faster and cheaper to ship whole pallets of games to a distributor for retail distribution than it is to coordinate several hundred boxes going to individual addresses across the world. Unfortunately this means that retail copies frequently are available before the kickstarter backers have all received theirs. I've seen several kickstarter creators try to slow down the retail distribution but it is inevitable that some games will make it to shops before the kickstarter orders have gone across the world. The ones that don't are usually not planning on full retail distribution.

I think that the only fair and commercially viable thing that kickstarter creators can do is not to promise that all backers will get them faster, but offer other incentives for backing instead such as a discounted price, exclusive items or a slightly different product (e.g. a different box).

Of the projects I've backed, most have hit retail shortly before they've made it to me, but not by any huge degree (except for Fallen City of Karez, but we don't talk about that )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Boardgamer
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wavretzio wrote:
Still waiting. From now on its called Late, Later, Latest. I only backed it in the last week of the kickstarter - is it in backer order?

Nope I backed day 1.

There is no obvious send out order. As in it is not by name or pledge date etc. it's more likely linked to postal region, if anything, but in saying that people in similar regions have some delivered and some waiting from what I can tell.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner Kavli
Norway
Brumunddal
Hedmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm also waiting for my copy to arrive

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Westmore
United Kingdom
Surbiton
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I have still heard nothing. Sometimes Kickstarter is used as a sales outlet rather than a crowdfunder i.e. the product would still have been made anyway. That's OK but it is a bit shoddy if folk who preorder thru Kickstarter could have got it quicker by waiting for it to hit retail. Worse still if there is poor comms (ie customer service) especially as KS makes it easy to get messages out to backers. It's a long time since the last update, surely they have time to post a quick message. I doubt I'll bother with this lot again. I expect I'm just one of a few still waiting but some response to us PM or on KS or BGG would be nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FedEx delivered my package today.

I will be spending the evening cross-referencing the list and finding out what has been left out of the box
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hunt
England
Lincoln
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
Angry Imp Games
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy still has not arrived, but I did get to play it on Tuesday as a member of my gaming group got his a couple of weeks ago.

It's not so much the delay that bothers me (as a retailer I know that these things happen), it is the total lack of communication from Queen Games. The mark of good customer care is not so much that things don't go missing (mostly this is totally out of your control), it's how you react when they do.

The fact I could have had some in the shop this week from the distributor doesn't bother me, it's the fact that Queen have obviously avoided the questions and queries on the KS pages over the last few days.

In the end I did not get any copies for the shop - there are too many misprints and missing items being reported at this stage and I would feel bad about selling it until they sort this out. I still want my personal Kickstarter copy though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For people who were upset because glowing zombies had no rules...

Or people upset because they think Metro held up delivery of their game...

Fear not! My game arrived only yesterday, and it didn't have glowing zombies, or Metro!

Or any tough zombies at all.

Or some other components from the kickstarter stuff.

The game looks amazing. I am excited to play. But frankly, disappointed...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge B
Portugal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
At least you have a game....
Still waiting here. This frankly sucks, not only because it has already hit retail but also because QG has been conspicuously quiet. I really wouldn't mind waiting a bit more if they posted some progress reports, etc, but no word from them only makes things worse. I hope the game excels, because the protracted waiting is kind of killing off the buzz for me.
Some people have already asked for refunds (after receiving no reply from QG). I'll give it another week or so and then I might do the same.

"Dark Darker Darkest for Halloween, anyone?" yeah, right...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.